goldisheavy

Interesting person/yogi on youtube

As usual, I was hopping from random video to random video on youtube, and stumbled on this. Actually, I've seen this person more than once already and this time I decided to make a mention of it (unless I already mentioned it before and forgot, in which case I don't care). It's also quite possible that I even learned of this person from someone here on this forum and forgot. In that case I apologize and I don't mean to take any credit.

I don't agree with everything this person/yogi says. However, I find what he says interesting, energizing, engaging and worth my attention span. A lot of times he says something that I think is really stupid, but then as he explains further, I begin to see how it's not as stupid as I thought it was. I might still not agree even later, but it's no longer a simple matter. I think it's pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DattatreyaSivaBaba

And some particular videos:

And sometimes he talks really frankly about himself, which is a little surprising. If I remember correctly, I think there is one video where he's talking about his attachment to that little hat/cloth he likes to wear on his head. I thought it was kind of funny and poignant at the same time.

In conclusion, please understand I am not promoting wholesale adoption of everything this yogi/person is saying. I just find a significant portion of what he says to be interesting and stimulating, even though I disagree with a lot. So I hope no one takes this as "this is what goldisheavy believes." It's nothing like that.

Among some things I like is how much this person/yogi is sharing.

Edited by goldisheavy

Yeah I've watched many of his vids. I liked the one from the young female who got initiated by him. She kept saying how it was a life changing experience that she couldn't really describe and then she became his devoted student. I think she lives at their ashram now. She was in the military before that. You can do extended meditation and fasts at their ashram but it's super expensive.

As usual, I was hopping from random video to random video on youtube, and stumbled on this. Actually, I've seen this person more than once already and this time I decided to make a mention of it (unless I already mentioned it before and forgot, in which case I don't care). It's also quite possible that I even learned of this person from someone here on this forum and forgot. In that case I apologize and I don't mean to take any credit.

I don't agree with everything this person/yogi says. However, I find what he says interesting, energizing, engaging and worth my attention span. A lot of times he says something that I think is really stupid, but then as he explains further, I begin to see how it's not as stupid as I thought it was. I might still not agree even later, but it's no longer a simple matter. I think it's pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DattatreyaSivaBaba

And some particular videos:

And sometimes he talks really frankly about himself, which is a little surprising. If I remember correctly, I think there is one video where he's talking about his attachment to that little hat/cloth he likes to wear on his head. I thought it was kind of funny and poignant at the same time.

In conclusion, please understand I am not promoting wholesale adoption of everything this yogi/person is saying. I just find a significant portion of what he says to be interesting and stimulating, even though I disagree with a lot. So I hope no one takes this as "this is what goldisheavy believes." It's nothing like that.

Among some things I like is how much this person/yogi is sharing.