Sign in to follow this  
Machin Shin

Progress with Mantra

An informal writeup

Playing around with the spirit last night I was mixing two chord singing and dijeridoo breath techniques. Circular breathing without the instrament In through the nose and out through the mouth while maintaining a stead stream of sound. Circular breathing is a musicians technique for woodwind and brass instruments but carries over into the use of dijeridoos.

I was seated in a lotus asana got the breath going by humming Uluru(oo loo roo).

the lower humm was in the throat the better the sounds became.

After awhile I was mixing uluru with rulu rulu....rulu rulu is a mantric seed from bardo thosdrol.

Next I started to visualize Uluru and shamans from the outback doing their dance around the fires. Most of the shamans I saw last night were in black with white dots and stripes. I don't know from what tribe or what ritual they were doing.

Things got pretty good started to hear bull roarers and a couple other dijeridoos.. might have heard a frisky dingo in the background as well telling a wallaby up from down.

Stayed seated for about an hour and went to bed with the music still going.

Had a most vivid dream here in Taos. Very vivid colors early dawn into the morning.

The moon is full and in a cluster with Venus, Jupiter, and Mercury.

Interesting form of mantra. I imagine playing one of those instruments with its low vibration over a while, would naturally make one "high" so to speak.

Sign in to follow this