Sign in to follow this  
The inner Light

Tao instructors in Taiwan

Dear friends,

most likely I will fly to Taiwan in late december/january. I will be there just for about 4 weeks.

Has anyone been there, practiced over there? I am looking to practice Qi Gong / meditation.

I would be very happy and thankful for help.

I am not able to answer many questions in the next days because I am "on the road".

Thank you very much for your help - much love - peace -

the inner light.

Theres lots of Zen and Buddhist stuff around, like Dharma Drum mountain, Chung Tai, Tzu Ji--all very good, but give the feeling of organized religion, not exactly hardcore cultivation. But you can use their facilities and talk to the monks and nuns. I talked to a few Taoists here and there, but the ones I found are more the folksy, write a fu for your ailment and give you a funny ritual kind of Taoists.

To be honest, you can find more secret teachings taught in a clearer manner spending a few hours on google or TTB's. So what are you really after? Im not sure if he's still there, but the bagua teacher Luo De Xiu taught in Taipei Chiang kai shek memorial in late evenings. In a month you can learn some basic qigong and circle walking.

The Buddhists are the ones out there with welcoming arms, the Taoists are kind of represented by many eloborate temples, but one wonders where the masters are.

Edited by de_paradise

Sign in to follow this