Baguakid

Macau Wuji Qigong association

Anyone have experience with wuji qigong as taught by Cai Songfang?

I heard he had a large following in Macau (about 9000 students). I would love to get in contact with these peeps if possible.

Or, anyone follow wuji qigong as taught by Cai Songfang? ]

Thanks in advance,

Here's some info:

http://www.macausports.com.mo/newsview.asp...;page_content=2

Here's a link but doesn't seem to be working right now.

http://macauwuji.com/index.asp

Edited by Baguakid

Anyone have experience with wuji qigong as taught by Cai Songfang?

I heard he had a large following in Macau (about 9000 students). I would love to get in contact with these peeps if possible.

Or, anyone follow wuji qigong as taught by Cai Songfang? ]

Thanks in advance,

Here's some info:

http://www.macausports.com.mo/newsview.asp...;page_content=2

Here's a link but doesn't seem to be working right now.

http://macauwuji.com/index.asp

Hi baguakid. I did a check on macauwuji.com and it looks like that domain was not

renewed before its expiry date on Sept 4, 2009, and its current status is set to

'Pending Delete'. It looks like that website is no longer up and running.

You may already be aware of it, but there are a few books in English that have info

about Cai Songfang's wuji shi zhan zhuang practice.

One is "WuJiShi Breathing Exercise", and another is "Warriors of Stillness" by Jan Diepersloot,

who also studied under Cai Songfang to some extent. "Warriors of Stillness" is

supposed to be based mainly on the specific teachings of Cai Song Fang.

see: http://www.warriorsofstillness.com/shop/co...257709551.22841

These books are carried by Plum Publishing at:

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/bagua/collbk_yiquan.htm

You can probably get these books elsewhere as well.

The book "WuJiShi Breathing Exercise" focuses mainly on the

health/healing benefits of the practice, while the books by Jan Diepersloot focus more

on the martial arts uses of the practice. Jan's books go into a lot of detail on technical

points about physical alignment and what not, while the book "WuJiShi Breathing Exercise"

just gets right to the point of how to stand without too much fuss and analysis, and also

provides some background info and also includes a number of 'case studies' on various

health problems that have been helped by people practicing wuji shi under Cai Songfang in

the Guangzhou area in China.

[Note added later:] I found a four part video on youtube of Cai Song Fang (Tsai Sung Fang) 蔡松芳

demostrating push hands. Cai Song Fang teaches his students to mainly practice wuji shi to

develop internal power and sensitivity, and to practice push hands to hone their martial skills. He

may not even teach the tai chi moving form at all from what I gather, or he at least gives it less

emphasis. At any rate you can see in the video that Cai Song Fang is a very sturdy guy and very

skillful at push hands. This is a very similar philosophy as taught by the yiquan and dachengquan crowd;

i.e., that lots of practice of zhan zhuang is the best way to develop a high level of internal power.

Best wishes...

:)

Edited by Iskote

If you really want to get in touch with the Wuji Qigong Health Research Association in Macau,

(無極氣功(澳門)保健研究會) they are listed as being a member of the 'Wushu General Association of Macau'.

You could try emailing Fu Jiangning at [email protected], or by phone at (853) 28,567,873

to see if he can provide some contact info for you for the Wuji Qigong Health Research Association

in Macau. A quick search showed that they are still teaching classes in the Macau area.

Best wishes...

Edited by Iskote

Thanks Iskote for your replies.

Yes, I have personal video of Teacher Cai Songfang I shot at several locations and I've visited him several times in Shanghai where he now resides. However, I've never been able to meet any of his students outside the man who introduced me to Teacher Cai. I've spent time with Teacher Cai when he was teaching and can attest his qi is very strong. It was a great feeling to be around him. Also, he is a very kind man.

Thanks again.

Yes, I have personal video of Teacher Cai Songfang I shot at several locations and I've visited him several times in Shanghai where he now resides. However, I've never been able to meet any of his students outside the man who introduced me to Teacher Cai. I've spent time with Teacher Cai when he was teaching and can attest his qi is very strong. It was a great feeling to be around him. Also, he is a very kind man.

Nice. Yes, he obviously has a lot of internal skill. I didn't know that

he was now in Shanghai, but I saw a reference to people visiting him there

recently so I was wondering if maybe he was living there now.

He must be getting up there in years now. Is he still teaching regularly do you know?

Best wishes...

Actually, he's not teaching. He's retired as far as I know to spend time practicing his buddhist meditations. He was kind enough to see me though when I was in Shanghai.

Anyway, that's why I'm looking for other locations that might practice his style in numbers. Yes, he is getting older now but not sure of his exact age.

Actually, he's not teaching. He's retired as far as I know to spend time practicing his buddhist meditations. He was kind enough to see me though when I was in Shanghai.

Anyway, that's why I'm looking for other locations that might practice his style in numbers. Yes, he is getting older now but not sure of his exact age.

I see. Thanks for the update on Cai Song Fang. I'm sure you should be able to track

down some of his students in Macau. The 'Wushu General Association of Macau' is apparently

located at the 'Macao Victory Road Victory Sports Center'. Maybe some of the Wuji Qigong folks

teach at that location as well.

Best wishes...