Sign in to follow this  
alphone

Taoist View on Vegetarianism

I'm not so sure about this.

Check here:

Damn the internets. You can't say anything online anymore without someone finding an exception to the rule or a loophole or whatever.

I kid. That was a neat find genmaicha, thanks for posting it. What I learned is that is possible for some humans to get away with eating rotten food. Crows and vultures were mentioned as carrion eaters who thrive on dead stuff. Alligators and crocs too, seem to like their food somewhat rotten.

I think the video just goes to show that humans are so adaptable to diet that you can eat like a crocodile and do OK. I read somewhere that in Medieval times chefs would use a variety of spices and garnishes to conceal the smell of spoiled meat that was served at the table.

Obviously the guy in the video has become acclimated to that kind of diet. I'd be willing to bet a lot interesting medical and nutritional science could be learned from studying his intestinal flora and immune response. But I don't think anyone can just up and commence a rotten food diet w/o consequences, perhaps debilitating ones.

Like I said in my last post, if you want to avoid energy sapping rounds of bloody diarrhea while you are trying to attain inner stillness or cultivating chi there may be some wisdom with going veg for a little bit. :lol:

Edited by SFJane

Now I know where I've seen Aajonus Vonderplanitz before.

He looks like Jurgen Prochnow!

He totally has the Duke Leto Atreides thing going on in the Ripley Video and in his clean shaven image on his website he looks like the images I linked. :D :D

Sign in to follow this