Sign in to follow this  
Nilo

Spontaneous movement inspiration thread

All structured ways are well and good but I find that spontaneous movements blows everything out of the water, atleast for me. However to get to that natural state of spontaniety I have to release resistance and reconfigure energy (I do mostly yoga and qigong), when that is done then I can let go of everything and just be free.

Excellent video:

The Dancer Within

I am trying to get a hold of this docufilm, does anyone have a copy?

more vids here:

http://www.innerdance.multiply.com

Edited by Nilo

Thanks for the video! I truly enjoyed seeing it.

I used to do this practice, as well. I will speak from my experience, which is limited and which probably differs from others...

For myself, it ended up being more of an intuitive thing, rather than "letting go" of the body like a ragdoll and having some force move me around. The intuitions are still happening, and they are martial, shamanic and beautiful...but it's very subtle and easy to miss. Took me about a year to recognize it. For myself, it's a feeling or vibe, along with a mental image of a movement. It happens at anytime, when I'm not looking for it.

Some people may think some of the stuff on the video looks crazy (like when people are laughing), but it's good for the people in the video to feel what it's like to freely express themselves. It's a subjective practice. I think it's best not to show other people your own movements, because it is partly us dealing with our bad energy...watching the movements gives everyone a taste of that. Some movements are actually disturbing to the viewer's energy.

I think that's what people pick up on, when they view it, and feel that it's just a bunch of psychos. :) Otherwise, some movements are good and beautiful...then you know the person is more in tune with their true nature.

Another thing to consider: looking for spontaneous movement is disturbing your naturalness. If moving a certain way feels good and freeing, then it's good...yet it's never done in excess. If someone WANTS to start spontaneously moving, they're just going to create imbalances. It'd be better to just be natural than to try and move spontaneously. Trying to move spontaneously is draining your energy outwardly for a useless purpose...it'd be better to feel what's happening within.

Sign in to follow this