Sign in to follow this  
SAMANTABHADRA

introduction

Chau everybody,

I'm a musician, primarily my path has been rhythmic and vocal. I'm a drummer/percussionist and a singer. I say this only because music is one of my primary spiritual vehicles. I have been performing since I was young and music is the ultimate 'flow' experience for me. I studied a lot of jazz and afro-latin-brasilian music, and have recently been taking voice lessons in the North Indian classical style of Raga singing - a vehicle for balance and harmony, and quite a powerful meditative practice for me.

aside from that, I have also pursued different spiritual knowledges since I was very young. My uncle died when I was 11, and I think that really sent me on the path. I have studied much Buddhism, primarily zazen and I've been feeling a pull from the Tibetan teachings lately that I've yet to pursue. Started doing yoga at about 15 and have had many interesting experiences with my body. Done a bit of qigong and work with the microcosmic orbit, as well as some sexual practices garnered from Mantak Chia.

My experience with non-ejaculatory orgasms has been interesting. I stopped ejaculating a while ago, sometimes it still gets released but doesn't escape until later when I urinate; other times I have ridiculous full-body multiple orgasms. Still, I feel I have a long way to go on mastering this art.

I lost my regular yoga and qi gong practice for a few years and had kind of a wild trip, but I recently quit smoking (it's been 3 months) and I am trying to come back to my body and embrace a fully conscious life, awake and aware. Just thought it might be nice to share with others on the path.

peace

SAMANTABHADRA

What a fantastically long name.

Hi Sam,

Welcome!

May you enjoy your time here.

Music is my first love. And it is the only love I have ever had that has not let me down.

I listen to Indian music on occasion (when the mood is right).

Right now I am listening to Mississippi John Hurt, Robert Johnson and other early blues artists.

Peace & Love!

Sign in to follow this