~jK~

Awakening Psychic Abilities

Because to focus on psychic abilities and to say how to obtain them is just a diversion. If abilities arise or occur as an indirect result of cultivation, that might be fine, if they don't arise that's fine too.

To the mind that is not seeking it makes no difference either way.

Thoughts of obtaining abilities can create feelings of desire in the mind of the cultivator, and feelings of greed and desire are one of the biggest impediments.

That's why it is not often spoken about.

I tend to agree as I see the development of Psychic Abilities as our next step in evolution.

Before - as in evolution - those that had eyes but could not use them, in nature, died off.

Psychic Abilities are simply our next step in a naturally occuring and documented process.

To become aware - the first step must be to quieten our mind to realize what is there.

The second step is like learning any language: - without use, it is soon forgotten.

Each step in evolution, that has been rembered and passed down genetations:

Has been a step that aided in survival of the fittest.

Dumb Bunnies are Lunch.

Pretty much what ~JK~ said.

Seriously, I don't get people who are so averse to psychic powers. It's like, the same guys flipping out about it are the same guys who do martial arts, and with those martial arts you can become attached to your strength and use it to beat others up and become addicted to being the most powerful.

You can be attached to ANYTHING, but since psychic powers are seen as something you have to "work for" (doesn't come "naturally"), it is seen as some sort of ego thing.... well guess what, you work for almost EVERYTHING that you have right now.

Can you walk? Yes? Well you had to work at that. You weren't walking since you were a baby, you had to try to walk. Are you attached to walking now? Psychic powers I believe are completely natural, most people experience them. They just never pursue it. It'd be like a baby that can walk a few steps to its mother, but never practices beyond that.

For people who are "trying" to get psychic powers, it is nothing more than learning to walk. You can use it for your betterment, for the betterment of others, or to the detriment of yourself and others. You can be attached to how you can walk on two legs and how babies and monkeys can't/don't, just like you can get attached to psychic powers.

They also aren't a replacement for some form of "enlightenment" and they aren't going to help with any psychological issues. You can learn to shoot a 3 pt shot in basketball 100% of the time. You can also make a whole lot of money doing it, you can become incredibly successful. Is that a guarantee you will find love and happiness in your life? Does it mean you will become enlightened? Of course not. Shooting three points is shooting three points. Realize it for what it is, and don't try to use it as a substitute for other problems- same goes for psychic abilities.

But it's not the fault of the powers, or the process of getting them. It's your own fault. If you don't think you can handle the responsibility, or if you don't even want to touch it, fine. If you think that "chasing after" psychic powers will distract you from the "truth", fine. If you think that it's too easy to confuse "power" with "enlightenment", fine. But there is no need to tell others who decide to get up and walk that they are "missing the point."

It is what it is, nothing less and certainly nothing more.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

[...]

Taoists call this above method bathing as it is done at 6AM and 6PM - the same as a shower.

[...]

Once you can achieve 15 minutes of clarity - 8 hours is easy.

[...]

Hi ~jk~,

Thanks again for directing me to this very interesting article.

I have a couple of questions for you related to the above quoted snippets:

* 6 AM + PM: Do you do this twice a day - or are these simple the recommended best times to start practise, in your opinion?

* 15 minutes to 8 hours: Based on your practise do you always manage to substitute regular sleep for this kind of meditation, or is this something you do in addition to sleeping? (having understood that once in a while there may be lucid dreaming involved while sleep)

Best regards,

-matt