Ya Mu

US Health Care - Propose a solution in accord with Tao

Employer based health insurance came about as a result of World War II wage and price controls. Fringe benefits were not subject to the controls, so employers increased benefits instead of raising wages.

Edited by topflight

:rolleyes: what a surprise, moveon gets hollywood celebrities to focus on something other than the main point of the story in order to kahn people into believing the public option is actually a good idea for the country. funny or die? in Farrell's case, its clearly Die...if he didnt have good supporting actors in his films they'd be even more non-funny than they already are, since he thinks that the only things that are funny are things inappropriate.
Hollywood liberals are all about freedom without responsibility and buying what they can't afford. Ergo, California has the largest debt of any state.
California is going to Washington, D.C., to ask for $7 billion to cover its budget shortfall. Otherwise it won't be able to pay for its teachers, cops, firemen, and other essential services.

800px-Red_state,_blue_state.svg.png

"Interestingly," liberal states in general are the highest in debt. Conservative states the least.

Nearly Bankrupt States - 74% Budget Gap Are Blue States! Options

States -

Blue: 48%

Red: 26%

Purple: 26%

Gap -

Blue: 34,746,000,000 74%

Purple: 8,785,000,000 19%

Red: 3,374,000,000 7%

So of course Hollywood wants a public option...so YOU can pay for THEM! Let's face it, all those coke habits & plastic surgery ain't cheap! :lol:

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.

Hollywood liberals are all about freedom without responsibility and buying what they can't afford. Ergo, California has the largest debt of any state.

800px-Red_state,_blue_state.svg.png

"Interestingly," liberal states in general are the highest in debt. Conservative states the least.So of course Hollywood wants a public option...so YOU can pay for THEM! Let's face it, all those coke habits & plastic surgery ain't cheap! :lol:

All good points. However, the plastic surgery is an example of relatively cheap products from "healthy" competition. Cosmetic surgery is probably the least common thing to be covered by insurance, so, plastic surgeons have to compete and this results in one of the most cost effective types of "medicine". Make primary care Dr's compete that way (and get rid of the regulations that stop them from providing low cost health care) and prices will fall. And as plastic surgeons reputations prove, they will still be rich despite lower prices. Of course, you have to get rid of medicare along with general health insurance.

QUOTE(James Madison @ ostensible father of the Constitution)

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.

Awesome quote. Where did you find that?

All good points. However, the plastic surgery is an example of relatively cheap products from "healthy" competition. Cosmetic surgery is probably the least common thing to be covered by insurance, so, plastic surgeons have to compete and this results in one of the most cost effective types of "medicine". Make primary care Dr's compete that way (and get rid of the regulations that stop them from providing low cost health care) and prices will fall. And as plastic surgeons reputations prove, they will still be rich despite lower prices. Of course, you have to get rid of medicare along with general health insurance.
I agree, but that was more just in jest. :D

Fact is that California prides itself on giving a lot of benefits to everybody, especially special interest groups. Unfortunately, they don't pride themselves on actually paying for all these extended benefits. I guess it's easy to be "charitable" when you're giving away somebody else's money. Hence, they went to Congress to ask out-of-state taxpayers to fund their overspending, many from solvent conservative states whose values they regularly impugn.

As you say though, fair competition is what breeds performance and high value. So, any system that removes such competition is programmed to fail.