lifeforce

Zhan Zhuang

Hi everyone.

I have been practicing ZZ for a few years now, mainly for health and well being.

I have most of the literature which is available in English eg.Lam Kam Chuen's books, Warriors Of Stillness, JP Lau's web page etc etc. I have also had lessons from a guy who goes to Hong Kong to train regularly.

This all stems from students of Master Wang and his Dachengchuan/Yiquan martial art. I am aware of it's work in the internal martial arts (san ti shi in XYQ for example)

I'm interested in the history of ZZ before this period and of the part it played in TCM and self healing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think so.

Warriors of Stillness by Jan Diepersloot is about Cai Songfang and Wuji Qigong. My documentation shows that Cai's Wuji lineage comes from Yang Family Taiji and not from Master Wang and Dachengchuan.

What may be confusing about this is that Fong Ha and Jan, his student, are Yiquan practitioners.

Edited by Baguakid

I don't think so.

Warriors of Stillness by Jan Diepersloot is about Cai Songfang and Wuji Qigong. My documentation shows that Cai's Wuji lineage comes from Yang Family Taiji and not from Master Wang and Dachengchuan.

What may be confusing about this is that Fong Ha and Jan, his student, are Yiquan practitioners.

The book I have is 'Warriors Of Stillness Volume 2 The Tao Of Yiquan' It's all about WXZ and his art.

Sorry if I misled you with the title.

ahh, I see..

I forgot there was a second book.... However, in reference to your original post. Cai Songfang's Wuji standing is a source other than Yiquan.