Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

full of ourselves

I was thinking how we taoists can really be full of ourselves, we think the entire universe revolves around us! The sun and moon and stars are all about us! Like we are destined to save the universe, and nobody else can! WHAT THE FUCK!? Sorry but I am frustrated with the tao a little bit.

Edited by GrandTrinity

... we think the entire universe revolves around us! The sun and moon and stars are all about us! Like we are destined to save the universe...

9058[/snapback]

it does..... in a microcosmic sort of way.

I was thinking how we taoists can really be full of ourselves, we think the entire universe revolves around us! The sun and moon and stars are all about us! Like we are destined to save the universe, and nobody else can! WHAT THE FUCK!? Sorry but I am frustrated with the tao a little bit.

9058[/snapback]

The Dao is nothing and everything and bla, bla,bla... It cannot be designated, or not-designated. Its actually not meaningful to think about it even...Because it's not an "it". Actually, I have no idea what it is or is not. As Einstein once said: "What does the fish know of the water it swims in all its life?"

When you feel frustrated about us daoists being full of something, maybe the only thing we are guilty of, like everybody else, is being full of hot air...(in more than one sense)

The only time it really is meaningful to speak of the universe "evolving around" us, so to speak is when during practice, the mind loosens it's orientation to us as a subject and starts to uncover it's inherent cosmic origin. If I may be so bold as to use that word. But when our practice evolves to that point, any philosophical discussion about what the dao really "is" reaches close to the absurdity of discussing the content of surfwax when riding a wave...

All the other aspects of linking the body or mind to the universe is purely allegorical or metaphoric. Which means it has a function in regards to a specific effect. And that's not got anything to do with the dao.

I've been reading too much philosophy. Phew!

h

9058[/snapback]

They do! But minus the "us" part. I think if you are still seeing your practice in terms of your personal ego in realation to the rest of the universe you may be missing something.

I like Ken Cohens view from The Way of Qigong " On a physical level, the goal of qigong is mastery of principle and technique. On the spiritual side, the goal is cultivating a profound sense of belonging in the universe, of oneness with the Life-Breath("The Original Qi of Heaven and Earth").

Qigong is nothing special, yet very special. I stand, I breath. What could be more natural or more profound? Qigong is a Way, a Dao, to realize mystery and beauty in the ordinary and everyday."

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Edited by Cameron

Sign in to follow this