Sign in to follow this  
h.uriahr

If you work for a family member

My stepfather is the project manager on a job that I'm supposed to be involved in. We had a huge arguement outside of the workplace about family matters and now I'm worried that I may not be on that job anymore. Is there anything illegal about that?

Unless you signed a letter of employment/contract it's probably not illegal unless there is a genuine expectation of permanent full time work as opposed to casual work. It may boil down to number of regular weekly shifts/hours over time.

If it is illegal the difficulties of enforcing it and getting along with your family while you are waiting for action. Even then will you still be able to enjoy work if you do get reinstated.......

Personally I'm a union rep and we don't like to see workers mistreated, but you may be better off looking for something else. If it's not a good atmosphere you are not likely to enjoy working there.

some bosses are reasonable enough to not mix personal relations with the job, they might be harsh on an employee during the job but very friendly outside the job, perhaps your step father would not make a job related decision just because he had a family related argument with you.

Sign in to follow this