froggie

Pine pollen

Pine pollen are also a superfood.

There is a sea of information about it, but here is a little bit about it:

pine pollen contains all the nutrition necessary to a most long-lived life, including various proteins, nearly 20 amino acids, over 30 minerals and microelements, 14 vitamins, nearly 100 enzymes and coenzymes necessary to the body, and more than 200 other nutrients such as nucleic acids, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, cellulose, unsaturated fatty acids and flavonoids.

http://www.dr-lee.cn/html/pollen.htm

http://www.buychinesepinepollen.com/

Edited by froggie

Guest winpro07

from certain type of pines?

I got hold of a research paper from a french researcher who found that pine needle sap harvested from

maritime pines in the winter acts like an elixir of life. He took live blood cells and placed them in a petri dish

with the alkaloids from the needles and observe the blood cells lived many times longer in the dish than inside the body. Maritime pine bark extract became popular a few years later but the alkaloids that preserved the cells are only found in the needle tips not the bark and in specific times of year.

I wonder what the trees sap will do

If i'm right: Many types.

At least: Pinus sylvestris, Pinus pineus, Pinus massoniana, Scotch pine

Edited by froggie

I have not tryed Pine pollen. But Bee pollen I have, its a super food but I did not notice any effect.

I have not tryed Pine pollen. But Bee pollen I have, its a super food but I did not notice any effect.

Bee pollen actually need to be fermented (or i should say it's probably much better to) to release many of its nutrients, otherwise i believe it's a little bit harder to get nutrients from. One way that i know this is done is by adding it to the process of making kefir yourself. (Milk, kefir culture, dissolve pollen as much as possible in some lukewarm water, add to milk, stir, add kefir culture to milk with pollen, ferment for a day or two (depening on how much kefir culture you put in, if you put in a lot you can have kefir in just a couple of hours. When done refrigerate and its ready to drink.)

What i have also done is hot green tea, sweeten with manuka or other honey and add 1/4 teaspoon of bee pollen (and also a drop of liquid bee propolis if you want) per cup.

But apparently it's best to ferment the beepollen.

I wonder what the trees sap will do

Apparently you can use the needles too, just add a few to when making green tea or so.

Apparently they do have quite some vitamin C.

I remember reading something about the tree resin and/or sap also, but i can't remember what. :]

Edited by froggie

First thing first:

cells in petri dish live do not live the same length of time as cells inside the body. So you shouldn't compare the two.

Said that I don't remember which one live longer.

Bee pollen actually need to be fermented (or i should say it's probably much better to) to release many of its nutrients, otherwise i believe it's a little bit harder to get nutrients from. One way that i know this is done is by adding it to the process of making kefir yourself. (Milk, kefir culture, dissolve pollen as much as possible in some lukewarm water, add to milk, stir, add kefir culture to milk with pollen, ferment for a day or two (depening on how much kefir culture you put in, if you put in a lot you can have kefir in just a couple of hours. When done refrigerate and its ready to drink.)

What i have also done is hot green tea, sweeten with manuka or other honey and add 1/4 teaspoon of bee pollen (and also a drop of liquid bee propolis if you want) per cup.

But apparently it's best to ferment the beepollen.

Apparently you can use the needles too, just add a few to when making green tea or so.

Apparently they do have quite some vitamin C.

I remember reading something about the tree resin and/or sap also, but i can't remember what. :]

I have pines just over here. I am very interested in finding all sort of ways to use them.

How do I prepare the pine pollen?

I go up to a pine and then what?

( ♪ ♫ I'm absolute beginner ♪ ♫ )