froggie

now an efficient water car

May i present the electrical porsche:

http://www.lincah.com/2010-ruf-porsche-eruf-greenster

Apparently it's electric *with* gears:

http://video.google.nl/videosearch?hl=nl&a...a=N&tab=iv#

Max speed 270 Km/H, 0 to 100 Km/H in less than 5 sec,

204 horsepower, 300 Kilometer acciradius per charge.

Still a prototype though, they are still looking to improve on the battery capacity and weight. (more capacity and less weight) ;)

The wheels also have the simultanious function of electrical generators and feed back the kinetic energy during travel to the batteries.

Edited by froggie

And GM just announced the upcoming release of the Volt in the fall of 2010. The Volt will recharge from standard US 110VAC. Seems to me the the 400VAC recharge source for the porsche will be hard to come by unless it includes a step-up transformer. I love seeing this new stuff. That porsche is a pretty car.

Power consumed must be regulated so as to not exceed the maximum output available from the power plant at any given moment. The output of the powerplant is based on the type of plant being used for generation of e-

I experience that on nearly a daily basis. My back yard consists of three fish ponds and a couple other waterways. I have a 12 VDC solar/electric system that powers the pumping equipment for water circulation and aeration. On a full sunny day I can power all pumps with only solar. Less than full sun I switch one pump to commercial 110VAC and total cloudy days I power down one of the pumps. I can genearlly maintain a sufficient charge in the batteries (lead/acid) to run one water pump and two air pumps over night without dropping below 12VDC by sunup.

I think I recall that this was one of the problems with the biosphere. They did not calculate the supply and demand properly. If I recall the biggest problem was with decreasing oxygen in the air.

Now we need to create an anti-gravity machine.

Be well!

Yes, would be nice if a step up transformer can be added. Also there is a maximum amount of Amps that some houses have, i believe it's 100 Amp (with 230V), or at least there is a fuse rated at 100 Amp, which i guess means that it can load up 23.000 Watts per hour without modifications. Which should be enough, i guess. But one can alsways improve it if one wants to i guess.

Although i think there are also 500 Amp fuseboxes for normal houses, but i'm not sure on the matter.

And GM just announced the upcoming release of the Volt in the fall of 2010. The Volt will recharge from standard US 110VAC. Seems to me the the 400VAC recharge source for the porsche will be hard to come by unless it includes a step-up transformer. I love seeing this new stuff. That porsche is a pretty car.

Power consumed must be regulated so as to not exceed the maximum output available from the power plant at any given moment. The output of the powerplant is based on the type of plant being used for generation of e-

I experience that on nearly a daily basis. My back yard consists of three fish ponds and a couple other waterways. I have a 12 VDC solar/electric system that powers the pumping equipment for water circulation and aeration. On a full sunny day I can power all pumps with only solar. Less than full sun I switch one pump to commercial 110VAC and total cloudy days I power down one of the pumps. I can genearlly maintain a sufficient charge in the batteries (lead/acid) to run one water pump and two air pumps over night without dropping below 12VDC by sunup.

I think I recall that this was one of the problems with the biosphere. They did not calculate the supply and demand properly. If I recall the biggest problem was with decreasing oxygen in the air.

Now we need to create an anti-gravity machine.

Be well!

Yes, would be nice if a step up transformer can be added. Also there is a maximum amount of Amps that some houses have, i believe it's 100 Amp (with 230V), or at least there is a fuse rated at 100 Amp, which i guess means that it can load up 23.000 Watts per hour without modifications. Which should be enough, i guess. But one can alsways improve it if one wants to i guess.

Although i think there are also 500 Amp fuseboxes for normal houses, but i'm not sure on the matter.

My house has 200 Amp service but that is total. I would doubt that the recharge systen for the porsche would draw even close to that. Afterall batteries can be charged at a certain rate and anything above that would blow them up.

But then I don't have enough money to buy one so I don't have to concern myself with it.

Be well!