Sign in to follow this  
enouch

FLYING DUTCHMAN

Flying dutchman - no, not the ghost ship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2007/10/23/515890.html

This link goes to a Norwegian newspaper, besdies the video present the article describes shortly that the person involved, 26 year old Wouter Bijdendijk from Holland is a graduate of the academy of magical science in south India. He hopes his performance in front of the White house in Washington DC makes people wonder and think that we do not still know all there is to know in the west.

So, I'm gonna throw this ball to the forum; fraud, or the real deal?

I've heard about chi kung practises giving similar results, maybe an Indian version of the art of lightness.

But this is at least my first time seeing it in proper footage.

I wonder if such training will have any benefits besides levitation however. If not it seems like a rather fruitless investment, besides amusing your fellow man?

seen as it's pretty impressive, done in front of hundreds, and, in my opinion seemingly legit, i don't see what else people need to simply realize there are indeed (it makes all the sense in the world) advanced science in some places in the world, of which most people don't know about (just like people didn't, except for few exceptions, know real medical science in the dark ages), which you can study and learn and practice until you can actually do it with tangible results. you need to be pretty close minded (or a severe skeptic) in order to keep doubting after seeing stuff like this. what else would you need?

are we really going to start finding possible "scientific" ways in which this guy could have gone out of his way to "create the illusion" of levitation? in a sense, he did. that's what makes it so impressive.

he could be an awesome illusionist. but it seems more far fetched than the other option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This link goes to a Norwegian newspaper, besdies the video present the article describes shortly that the person involved, 26 year old Wouter Bijdendijk from Holland is a graduate of the academy of magical science in south India. He hopes his performance in front of the White house in Washington DC makes people wonder and think that we do not still know all there is to know in the west.

I've heard about chi kung practises giving similar results, maybe an Indian version of the art of lightness.

I wonder if such training will have any benefits besides levitation however. If not it seems like a rather fruitless investment, besides amusing your fellow man?

Cool,

so what would happen if someone were to take away his stick? Would he fly off? ;)

In any case there is a series of organizations around the world that have bet some insane amount of money that no one can do anything that defies science (I don't remember what the terms of the bet really are right now, sorry).

In any case if he can show that he is really flying he could win that money. And if you think that winning money is wrong they could after use them for charity, or for whatever else they want.

If i remember correctly this person is an illusionist and allready detailed how he performed the trick. Its a bend metal bar he is sitting on. He showed this on dutch television. Everytime he does the trick there is atleast 1 piece of clothing or equipment touching the ground, this is where the metal bar is put in the ground where he is sitting on.

If you like levitation you should check the docu about Edward Leedskalnin's Coral Castle in Florida on youtube or google video. It is said he could lift rocks with he's machine wich produced a sound that inverted polarity of objects.

Also read about a tibetan music instrument wich is said to have done the same (think somekind of long horn). It needs a lifetime of dedication to be played correctly.

Edward Leedskalnin said he knew the secret to how the Egyptians build the pyramids. Pitty he died before he ever told anyone he's story :/

Also i believe it is mentioned somewhere that John Chang is able to levitate but he needs a long time of meditation to gather enough energy for this to happen. Energy that can be better used to heal people.

I dont know wich of this information is true or not though, people tell alot in books and the internet but if you arent there to witness it, its hard to know the truth :)

Kind regards, Mike

Guest paul walter

There is also a video from Dutch tv showing this guy doing his 'illusion' on a variety show- it's on youtube. It's an old Indian bullshit trick involving a peice of metal concealed by clothing and the hand he uses to conceal the join of the flat metal seat he sits on. you would think a yogi would have both his hands in an energy circuit for such a thing, not awkwardly holding a 'stick'. Perhaps it is to ground him to yin power :lol:

Yes, the Tibetans have supposedly used the big horns (like Alp horns), drums and chant to levitate stones when building monasteries on rock faces/hard to get at places. An engineer called Henry Kjelson and his friend witnessed this and wrote a report on it- great stuff. Paul

If i remember correctly this person is an illusionist and allready detailed how he performed the trick. Its a bend metal bar he is sitting on. He showed this on dutch television. Everytime he does the trick there is atleast 1 piece of clothing or equipment touching the ground, this is where the metal bar is put in the ground where he is sitting on.

If you like levitation you should check the docu about Edward Leedskalnin's Coral Castle in Florida on youtube or google video. It is said he could lift rocks with he's machine wich produced a sound that inverted polarity of objects.

Also read about a tibetan music instrument wich is said to have done the same (think somekind of long horn). It needs a lifetime of dedication to be played correctly.

Edward Leedskalnin said he knew the secret to how the Egyptians build the pyramids. Pitty he died before he ever told anyone he's story :/

Also i believe it is mentioned somewhere that John Chang is able to levitate but he needs a long time of meditation to gather enough energy for this to happen. Energy that can be better used to heal people.

I dont know wich of this information is true or not though, people tell alot in books and the internet but if you arent there to witness it, its hard to know the truth :)

Kind regards, Mike

Interesting,in the newspaper he said he's using manetism and gravity.Chang, according to Jim has partial levitation and in a few more years he'll have mastered it altogether.Leedskalin wrote a book detailing his secret but it's all scrambled in parables.

Interesting,in the newspaper he said he's using manetism and gravity.Chang, according to Jim has partial levitation and in a few more years he'll have mastered it altogether.Leedskalin wrote a book detailing his secret but it's all scrambled in parables.

Yep, anyone can easily find Leedskalnin's books online and are very enjoyable to read :)

Sign in to follow this