DalTheJigsaw123

Free Download of my book: Thoughts on Fire by Leon Basin

Do you want honest commentary?

Yes, very much so! I can take criticism. I cannot take criticism when it comes to simply saying it sucks. If you explain to me why it sucks, that would help me quite a bit. So, go ahead, lay it down on the line! Thank you!

I read maybe a third of "Thoughts on Fire". Not easy to find words for why it's not my taste so much. It reads like a journal of your thoughts that's not really meant so much for others to read, because a lot of it is rather trivial. So I'd say it might be a problem with target group. People on this forum might not be a good target group, because many are used to 'tougher' stuff.

It might be much more interesting for people who need an impulse for thinking more about life and themselves or for people who know you, like you (like a fascination for your character or something like that) and wonder what's going on in your mind.

When reading the things you ask yourself, to me most of the times it doesn't so much invoke an interest in further pondering about it, and when you then give your view on the matter, I often think it sounds like pretty much at the beginning of the spiritual path, like much of the thought process will totally change (or even vanish) farther along the path.

ADDENDUM:

Read some from "Scribbled Voices". I'm no poetry fan, so I can't comment much on this. The poems could be really deep and I'd miss it, or they could not be deep. Mostly like the above, but some few ... not poems ... but lines from the poems make me think. Some lines are suitable to me for accomplishing the philosophic thought process in an explanatory way. This little book I'd say is more interesting because it gives the impulse to think about the poems, because they're not clear and obvious. Of course that's the nature of poetry ... I guess.

You now probably need feedback from someone who's of a very heart-centered nature.

Edited by Hardyg

I read maybe a third of "Thoughts on Fire". Not easy to find words for why it's not my taste so much. It reads like a journal of your thoughts that's not really meant so much for others to read, because a lot of it is rather trivial. So I'd say it might be a problem with target group. People on this forum might not be a good target group, because many are used to 'tougher' stuff.

It might be much more interesting for people who need an impulse for thinking more about life and themselves or for people who know you, like you (like a fascination for your character or something like that) and wonder what's going on in your mind.

When reading the things you ask yourself, to me most of the times it doesn't so much invoke an interest in further pondering about it, and when you then give your view on the matter, I often think it sounds like pretty much at the beginning of the spiritual path, like much of the thought process will totally change (or even vanish) farther along the path.

ADDENDUM:

Read some from "Scribbles Voices". I'm no poetry fan, so I can't comment much on this. The poems could be really deep and I'd miss it, or they could not be deep. Mostly like the above, but some few ... not poems ... but lines from the poems make me think. Some lines are suitable to me for accomplishing the philosophic thought process in an explanatory way. This little book I'd say is more interesting because it gives the impulse to think about the poems, because they're not clear and obvious. Of course that's the nature of poetry ... I guess.

You now probably need feedback from someone who's of a very heart-centered nature.

Wow, what an amazing review!:) Thank you so much. Yea, articles are just for me, I simply put them together for others who are interested on a path of some sort or see me and go, "wow!" I am on the same path as he. But, yea>.. Poetry/Short Stories and Novels are my main source of focus right now. As with that I can work at it in an Abstract way. The articles are more of journaling and for myself. Seeing how I am progressing:) Thank you so much once again!