nomad

Full-lotus only hurts when I get out of the position

I have the same issue - so I just allow full lotus when it feels right - half lotus when it doesn't - and layin gflat on my back when it is called for.

The leg/feet/joint pain from full lotus is quickly zapped by doing the kidney channel saced sound and position (from universal tao):standing feet facing forward, shoulder width apart - clasp palms behind both knees - look straight ahead and breath out with lips "o" like blowing a candle - exhale with sound "choooooo" - with "reverse breath" ie drawing the navel to the spine as you exhale.

Visualise the water element blue colour and see all the heat and toxic energy going out of the kidneys (I see it draining out the channel also).

Once breath expires, remove hands from behind knees, stand straight up and rest hands on kidneys - visualise yourself doing the same "choooo" sound again, colour visialise, drain toxic chi - ie subvocally and imagine you are doing the sound - to expire breath.

Zaps the lotus induced leg pain almost straight away.

It's better when you do the whole cycle of sacred sounds - see mantak chia sacred sounds (six healing sounds).

Edited by Horus