redcairo

The world as a larger organism

It occurs to me that perhaps the spread of instant-information globally has in fact "linked us" by more than merely the news channels. That perhaps the "energy" each country has in focus has begun to normalize, by which I don't mean it's getting normal, but rather that it's getting more similar to each other. Like the clocks that end up ticking as one.

On the current hot USA issue of:

1 - Border security

2 - Immigration

3 - Criminal immigrants

4 - Referring to comments on people from a country as 'racism'

5 - The 'establishment' pushing for influx while the people start pushing back

There's a guy in the Netherlands named Geert Wilders. Their issue is immigrants from Morocco in particular. (Note that Moroccon is not a race. Like Mexico, it is a nation (in North Africa); the people are dark-skinned but they and their culture are a blend of "berber, arabic and european.")

In my loose possibly-totally-wrong take on it, his political opponents basically "intentionally over-reacted" toward some things he said during campaigning, that essentially forced the justice lead to prosecute him -- even though what he said was not even bad, and other leaders have said far worse publicly without result -- but on the whole, the underlying issue is that it's this huge deal for many of the people there, but "nobody is allowed to talk about it" -- like everyone "official" pretends that it's not real. And if someone does talk about it (like him) they are called racists.

It's surreally like what we've had with issues here. Well, and in (make growing list of countries here!).

This link has a speech he gave -- the transcript and I think a video -- as his final self-defense during his trial for "hate speech."

http://www.geertwilders.nl/index.php/94-english/2021-final-statement-geert-wilders-at-his-trial-23-nov-2016

Now I'm his fan.

RC

• Like 1

Wanted to post this separately: but aside from "the issue" this thread is using to start the focus, I still think the larger question of: is all of this stuff echoing around the world right now -- dealing with the same issues -- because our greater 'connection' in the information age is literally bringing us closer together?

Or could it just be that "global" agendas that lean on the same things in every country are finally meeting some resistance?

I'm not sure if it's a metaphysical thing or just a thing. :-)

RC