Sign in to follow this  
Ell

A nameless follower of Tao....

Hello all:

I've been scoping out the forum from afar for a little while here and finally went ahead and joined up....About me: I'm a twenty-something guy from Massachusetts, USA. My searching the last few years has taken me from Buddhism, to ACIM, to explorations in nondenominational meditation, and most recently to Taoism. I love and utilize different aspects from all that I've studied, but I do feel as though I've landed in Taoism more firmly than anything else before. It seems to me to be in such harmony with many notions that I've felt deep down since before I would've even thought to look into different philosophies or religions. From little things like how I've always been interested in open spaces (as a kid imagining cool attractions in big empty parking lots), to my nagging feelings that much truth could often be found in the middle, to my personality being comprised of seeming paradoxes. Learning more about it brings me a lot of inner peace and in short that's why I'm here: to explore further.

My only minor hesitation about joining a forum like this is that I sometimes convince myself that the only real way to practice is to sit under the proverbial tree, all alone, thinking by oneself. A mentor of mine used to say, "Never ask for advice" as a way to highlight the power of one's instincts....Perhaps I'm perverting the sentiment. That aside, though, the larger part of me is excited to meet everybody and be turned onto some new stuff. It seems like a very open-minded board made up of all different personal practices.   

Looking forward to talking with you soon

Ell

Hello and welcome. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member and please do not hesitate to ask your questions and answer those of others. You may also sit beneath a tree and do and say nothing should you so wish. :D

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sign in to follow this