I have watched this series of videos a few times. And find it fascinating. I put it here for anybody interested who has 7 or 8 hours of time to watch the lectures. This is the first episode of a series of 16 on youtube. It is very well produced and super articulate stuff.

Anthony Kosinec introduces "what Kabbalah is" and "what Kabbalah isn't" in this overview of some of its basic concepts, and the difference between authentic Kabbalah and how Kabbalah is popularly viewed. He speaks from the perspective of "practical Kabbalah," as taught today by Rav Michael Laitman, PhD. Essentially, this is the process of how to reveal Kabbalah's hidden aspect: the Upper Worlds—what is hidden behind our five senses.

Kosinec explains that understanding the Kabbalistic "language of branches" is the key to starting a practical application of Kabbalah. He also puts across that a misunderstanding of this language is the reason Kabbalah has been misinterpreted in myriad ways—as religion, mysticism, magic, and many others—and that the key to start applying Kabbalah practically is to first understand that its language only describes the Upper Worlds: higher levels of consciousness completely removed from everything we receive through our five senses. From this basis, one can begin learning what one can do in order to attain these higher levels of consciousness. http://www.kabbalah.info

• Like 2

The Similarities to Plotinus's teachings are amazing..

Indeed, much of Gnostic Christianity, Sufism and Kabbalah is influenced by Platonic thought.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

I signed up for their course a while back, which just started this past week. It's still possible to sign up for the next week or two, and then you can watch the old classes in the archive section.

Every book is free (which amazes me), and the course is free...in addition to the free self study course (which you see in the OP). A good sign.

I like what I've learned so far...although it is a bit different, and can be a bit slow getting to the good stuff it seems.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this