Sign in to follow this  
matt007

Freedom & Desire

A discourse on the mistake of spiritual materialism:

Freedom & Desire

'This desire for freedom, for God, for enlightenment will not be satified by anything in the future." "No matter what 'I' try to do 'I' cannot get it, capture it.'

'To give up the desire for enlightenment; to call off the search; simply means to be present right here right now.'

'Where is Peace?'

...An invitation to wake up. Discussion?

Freedom & Desire

'This desire for freedom, for God, for enlightenment will not be satified by anything in the future." "No matter what 'I' try to do 'I' cannot get it, capture it.'

'To give up the desire for enlightenment; to call off the search; simply means to be present right here right now.'

'Where is Peace?'

I like Gangaji. I think she's a good teacher, all in all. Better than your average bear.

The video is 1 hour long though. Where was this when I was still searching? :) I won't listen to it today, but this would have been great when I was 23. So I will reply only to the text that's in your post.

It's necessary to strive and to seek before finding that the nature of all activity is effortlessness, and the nature of all knowledge is like that of a mirage, vivid and believable, yet fleeting and without basis. Like the blind man seeing the sunrise, or like the deaf man hearing a great concerto, such is the nature of this world-body-mind appearance.

In the process of seeking and exploring, a person develops more honesty and more sensitivity. It then becomes apparent that the seeking is not necessary. But to drop the seeking simply on the advice of anyone is an action that would lack the maturity and authenticity of the true, honest, well-earned dropping off the seeking.

So seek away! Contemplate away! Meditate away! Energy practice away! Knock your socks off. Break a leg. Do it. And then do it again, but this time, hard-core. And then do it again. It will all unwind when the time is right and there is no need to even look forward to it. Just enjoy the process where you are at and have fun in life.

PROTIP: Don't refer to your own ego as if it was something separate from you, like a little pet monkey in your pocket. That's just schizo. Integrate. Take responsibility. It's not my ego's fault. It's my fault. It's also my credit and my merit. It's my failure. It's my success. Take responsibility. Sure, what is it that's you? What do you think you are? That's a good question. But the answer to that question should not be a pet monkey that's in your possession. That still avoids the question of who owns the pet monkey. Hit your head with a stick.

Edited by goldisheavy

Have you ever seen your ego?

If you had, you'd know it is as much "you" as a set of clothes.

PROTIP: Don't refer to your own ego as if it was something separate from you, like a little pet monkey in your pocket. That's just schizo. Integrate. Take responsibility. It's not my ego's fault. It's my fault. It's also my credit and my merit. It's my failure. It's my success. Take responsibility. Sure, what is it that's you? What do you think you are? That's a good question. But the answer to that question should not be a pet monkey that's in your possession. That still avoids the question of who owns the pet monkey. Hit your head with a stick.

It may be a phantom but it's still there no less. And what is it? Just a reflection of the external. And what is the external? Just a reflection of the internal. So what does that mean? ;)

I've never seen my ego.

Freedom & Desire

'Where is Peace?'

felt to me couple years ago got a hold of it and had been waiting long enough; perhaps moment of surrender?

Amazing that we can just stop and begin to really live fully awake, not so easy I think. Simple, but harder to apply because of the habits of mind that draw us back to the search.

Sign in to follow this