Sunya

chinese medicine (tea and acupuncture)

It Does! Like Tui Na, can't handle most massage stuff though, most massage ='s

not a happy thing for me, but hard to explain the differences.

Really like gua sha too! Hard to find someone around me to do that :(

uh ... but is there another word for that too?

Is it Gua Sha that also is ... um ... kinda like soliciting for something else?

Know i had gotten in trouble for it but was never quite sure why, lol,

was actually trying to find the flat "horn/stone" tool.

Know some who have come back sick from dirty needles.

Might just be as you say! I like dirt myself but it is a different soil.

Easy for our minds to say "I'm tough, my body can handle it."

and then have our bodies have other opinions!

Agree! Place it's received doesn't matter, a garage could be great!

Have had it on a parking lot, was nice in the sun!

Lol, the best(most interesting) acupuncture treatment I had received was from a boy who had just graduated.

When I met him he had his supplies in a fishing tackle box. Took me back to tiny his one room apartment,

with dear heads and fishing poles, bows and martial arts weapons hanging on his wall.

As one who is pretty cautiously untrusting of people this was a real trip for me!

Oddly the martial arts stuff was an added comfort ?!?

I was desperate and he appeared??? If he had rusty nails at that point it wouldn't have mattered!

I was in a bad way... wouldn't be here today if i didn't run into him.(true.)

He was going to actually treat me there where i met him that day,

on the side of a very busy road, lol, and I wouldn't have thought twice!

If it's needed the place is the LAST thing to worry about!

I did notice first though that he had the disposable needles :D

He's still a great friend by the way, and has used those Freakishly nasty

big thick needles on me ... nice and deep... Ugh, good friend?

They can ... um? ... pinch? :blink:

... but the effects have been pretty darn good!!!

If you are interested in acupuncture

It's always nice to try different styles

and different practitioners within styles for that matter.

Not all at once, mind you!

But if you are going to be in China for a while ...

Could be So nice!

and if it's needed?

Moxa on stomach 36 is the bomb! Best thing in this world to me !

(if it's done directly can leave scars though )

Have fun!

:D

You are right... Tui Na isn't fluff and buff..lol

So, how do we make sure we are using cosmic energy and not our own reserves? Or is that basically inevitable, so we simply must cultivate regularly to replenish it?

I guess my real question here is if we are qi batteries or conduits - and if qigong therefore is to recharge our batteries or to clear our conduits so we can draw more power from the universe? Or perhaps some combination of both?

Like, what do you think about the textbook 100 days of cultivation to build up a foundation theory? Is this to build up a critical mass of energy to pass some tipping point? And does this imply the battery theory, at least until we can perhaps activate our conduit function better?

And just got your book, btw. :D Randomly skimmed the part about how that evil spirit had tricked you... :huh:

Tapping into the Higher Level energetics is an awesome experience. But in order to do that we have to raise the vibration rate of our energy bodies, hence cultivation.

I think that as long as we are working on human bodies/energy bodies there is no way to totally separate our own qi from the equation. One way of looking at it is a similarity to a power line. It comes to your home. An "unlimited" source of high power. But it is not in the form that we can use it. We have to have a transformer to step the energy down in order to make it compatible for the appliances in our home. And if we want continuous power we may put a battery/inverter in there as well. YES I know this is an extreme simplification, but substitute our energy body/body/dan tian for transformer/battery (but really transmutation), human body/energy body for appliances, and the Tao (Spirit, etc) for the power line. We could get more complicated or look at any number of analogies but this isn't a bad way to look at it.

Regardless of how one wishes to look at it, cultivation is necessary if a person wishes to actually heal others with energy. I have personally worked on quite a few "energy healers" that thought this was not so. A severe accumulation of sick qi in all I saw. They get sick and grow old before their natural time. Those that say they do not get sick are not powerful enough to actually displace the sick qi from the other person's body. Those that say they don't get sick but have results are powerful enough to move the sick qi but the patient does not get well because they were not powerful enough to dremove the sick qi. But, hey, it is always a choice, is it not?

how'd you guys deal with the 'fakeness' of Chinese social customs :blink::lol:

? it seems so ritualistic... through my school i was invited to teach english for this business owner's daughter, i met the business owner Mr Liu and ended up being invited to a dinner party with him, his colleagues, and a teacher from my school who translated. a toast every 2 minutes saying how i'm part of the family now, if theres anything i need to go to him, kept repeating the same praises, there was no genuine conversation.. it was all ritualistic customs of praise and developing some sort of business-like relationship. he barely met me and was already saying i'm part of the family, wants me to hang out with his kids, wants to fund a trip to Tibet, go with his family on a trip to the United States, i was so taken aback and overwhelmed! lol, i was happy at first but then realized it was probably all show, and i doubt he meant any of it. it seems that its custom to invite people to do all these things but these invitations are not taken seriously as in the west. i dont know if I can deal with that, it just rubs me as very disingenuous. what do you guys think ? :unsure:

how'd you guys deal with the 'fakeness' of Chinese social customs :blink::lol:

? it seems so ritualistic... through my school i was invited to teach english for this business owner's daughter, i met the business owner Mr Liu and ended up being invited to a dinner party with him, his colleagues, and a teacher from my school who translated. a toast every 2 minutes saying how i'm part of the family now, if theres anything i need to go to him, kept repeating the same praises, there was no genuine conversation.. it was all ritualistic customs of praise and developing some sort of business-like relationship. he barely met me and was already saying i'm part of the family, wants me to hang out with his kids, wants to fund a trip to Tibet, go with his family on a trip to the United States, i was so taken aback and overwhelmed! lol, i was happy at first but then realized it was probably all show, and i doubt he meant any of it. it seems that its custom to invite people to do all these things but these invitations are not taken seriously as in the west. i dont know if I can deal with that, it just rubs me as very disingenuous. what do you guys think ? :unsure:

Customs differ through the world. I initially did not understand many of the Chinese customs and can't say I totally do now. But you know what? I don't understand many of our customs either. :lol:

What I can say I found, is that people are people and the Chinese people have the same hopes , desires, aspirations, etc, as any other people. We are all the same.