Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

nutrition resources?

I would like to know how much protein, calories, carbohydrates, vitamins, calcium and minerals my body needs. Any particularly good websites for this type of thing?

Unfortunately, nutritional needs can't be figured so mechanically - would be easier if it could! Biochemistry is a complex interaction, and never static. And even biochemistry alone isn't the whole picture, because it's only the surface of the deeper energetic functioning.

You have to look at your individuality, and typology, and then put it all together creatively, not mechanically. On your own, for typology, you could look at metabolic typing, which tells you about macronutrient ratios (protein, carbs, fats) and also mineral balance to some degree. There's a questionnaire to get an idea of your metabolic type, in the book Metabolic Typing by William Wolcott. There's also a more detailed one for a fee.

I integrate blood typing, glandular typing, and sometimes metabolic typing when called for, if you want to go further. I also do email consults and generate customized eating guidelines, to create individualized programs for people. And have a lot of free info on my website.

Take care,

Karen

Sign in to follow this