Sign in to follow this  
Lataif

"Dissolving" spiritual technique . . . (?)

Please:

(1) I'm looking for info about a psycho-energetic technique that, when directed at a mental, emotive, or somatic state, dissolves entanglement of the personality with that state.

(2) The technique might be associated with the color black.

(3) Anyone recognise such a technique in any tradition (?)

Thanks . . . 

Color black or absolute darkness?

The closest I can think of are the Dark retreats of Bon/Dzogchen, but not really related (I think) beause the main focus is not dissolution of aflictive states but:

The time period dedicated to dark retreat varies from a few hours to decades. Dark retreat in the Himalayan tradition is a restricted practice only to be engaged by the senior spiritual practitioner under appropriate spiritual guidance. This practice is considered conducive for navigating the bardo at the time of death and for realizing the rainbow body.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tao.te.kat said:

Color black or absolute darkness?

The closest I can think of are the Dark retreats of Bon/Dzogchen, but not really related (I think) beause the main focus is not dissolution of aflictive states . . .

(1) I think it's more likely to be some kind of Deity Yoga . . . in which an aspect of the deity is associated with "cutting through" attachment  -- with a sword, for example.

(2) Or in Taoism, I understand that there are some techniques that "dissolve" obstructions in the Chi meridians . . .

On 29/04/2024 at 8:24 AM, Lataif said:

Please:

(1) I'm looking for info about a psycho-energetic technique that, when directed at a mental, emotive, or somatic state, dissolves entanglement of the personality with that state.

(2) The technique might be associated with the color black.

(3) Anyone recognise such a technique in any tradition (?)

Thanks . . . 

You might want to look at Kabala Letter U as per Franz Bardon / Mark Rasmus. THis letter U represents (as per Bardon) akasha/vacuum which is highly dissolving by nature, and one of the attributes of the letter is color black.

I must warn that everybody states it is quite dangerous to meditate on this letter U, so I'd suggest doing thorough research before doing anything at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lataif said:
6 hours ago, Lataif said:

(1) I think it's more likely to be some kind of Deity Yoga . . . in which an aspect of the deity is associated with "cutting through" attachment  -- with a sword, for example.

(2) Or in Taoism, I understand that there are some techniques that "dissolve" obstructions in the Chi meridians . . .

Ok, let's see.

A Bodhisattva with a sword is always Manjushri, so we got that. Black Manjushri is Yamantaka,

Cutting through (attachment) is literally what means Trekchö which is a Dzogchen set of practices or stage.

I cant say much more...

https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Yamantaka

About Daoism or Kabala, I cannot help.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this