Sign in to follow this  
bootsnake

Hi call me Bootsnake, body problems, art, dreams

Been practicing eight pieces of silk almost daily for a few years now, also standing on and off. lately been standing most days, some days I don't have a chiropractor and acupuncturist who I believe are probably fixing up whatever problems there are with my practice. they and my practice helped me recover from a chronic pain disorder

i reinflamed my body by overworking at an art project, currently reevaluating whether digital visual arts are worth it for me. they are bad for my body, there's just less positional options for drawing a line if you are using digital tools, whereas with traditional mediums you van adjust your body much much more.

I work with kids, if i didnt do this stuff I'd go insane at them and lose my job.

I live for the arts, it's like my mission. currently not drawing for a week while my body heals.

I really fucking love standing meditation. just beend doing the one with the arms dropped down

Oh I also keep a dream diary, feel connected to God through them sometimes. after waking i contemplate the dreams sometimes and have a vision of a painting with much of the imagery from the dream, it helps me understand it. i compose the thing in the morning. I want to make these paintings and share them

and apart from physical practices I been reading ursula le guin's literature while also looking at her dao de jing rendition. it's nice

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this