Sign in to follow this  
Bai Xi

Welcome (First Post) just enjoy talking

I feel somewhat at a loss, I've been self dedicated with my own practice for some time now and I interestingly find that the issue isn't actually practices or willpower; but an actual lack of resources.

There is a Lack of Qi to be exact, its a problem that sensitivity (intense meditation, opening chakras, etc) seems to ail but sensitivity only goes so far. At a certain point you're just stretching Ignorance and mind, there is not even productivity in continued practice at that point or any gain in battle. 

Magic is a helpful next step, but its difficult for most to conceive of the fact that Mind does not any need any resources. There is one spell that is helpful, "Activate Elements" as I call it. Reception of any Kind is just an attempt at this low level spell, even sensitivity towards Qi is just "Activate Elements" with extra steps. 

Qi that exists without Activate Elements, I've never received it nor do I think anyone has achieved a connection that achieves some greater affect than simple Magic. Skill in Magic, Dao, the Noble truths are all masteries that I think evade this problem of a lack of resources; for a talentless individual I really don't think these are routes that I can or will ever follow. I do follow the Dao of Luck however, and even have the talent to tell how lucky someone is and whether or not they have meridians. I am someone with Meridians but haven't started refining Qi yet, so my practice isn't visible to outsiders; consider that most of my effort is just Ego.

This is healthy practice, I think I've already extended my lifespan a dozen or so years; it's an odd feeling like having a mind larger than you and that feeling expanding without any actual benefit. My actual issue is that I keep gaining in corrupted intelligence, leading to strange starry pictures that have the intensity of seizures but no actual discomfort. If I had to give any reason for my sudden interest in cultivation, that would be it.

Because otherwise, I am fully devoted to the study of Magic and Sorcery. Sorcery being the accumulation of a Bloodline around a Patron, likely powerful individual. If I was to give any advice on Sorcery, picking a powerful source for a bloodline is important; Dragon Worship works really well here and Dragon's don't even exist so that's as psychically clean as you can get. Truthfully, becoming a Dragon Fanatic is the surest path to success in a mundane world like this one. Otherwise, worship of Gods in the Immaterium/Psychic Ocean is exciting, beings like Xhazobkult, "the God of Fishing"; getting the bloodline and being certain you have it is its own difficult endeavor.

There is also Sorcery that does not rely on external causes, a personal side project of mine is the accumulation of Holy Blood. Ability to feel the sensation of having Holy Blood also confirms that one has Meridians (thats how I figured out I have them). Holy Blood is odd, It's like a temporary status and it's lost so quickly, but its really different from what most people think it is and it gets rid of the need for purity entirely; a concept far larger than most even realize inside themselves. If I had to describe Holy Blood further, it's like the nobility or possible nobility in High Energy environments (Magical Ages, Modern Age, Mythological Realms).

As for actual cultivation matters, there are different kinds of Qi that one can grab onto, I plan to cultivate using Immortal Qi. This is a type of Qi that cannot be lost when collected or gathered, there isn't a resource that can be given to coerce it under your control or otherwise; it's typically seen as unhealthy and unrefined but I have the background to consume this kind of Qi. I think usually though one would start by gathering Astral Qi or getting rid of the Heavenly Qi in their body. I cultivate a technique called Acid Rain, it makes perfect use of Immortal Qi and I won't be using anything else; cultivating is as simple as having more and more Immortal Qi to progress.

I have a personal absurd goal of living for 400,000,000 years without being Immortal (no longer affected by aging). Technology makes me hopeful about this but I'm still young enough to be saved  by some future tech but I'm not optimistic of those standards as I live in the bottom of society; I also don't plan on being able to dominate society in an age of guns unless I make some breakthrough. I think a Magical Renaissance is possible, but I don't expect to be saved by that either. I think just living long is possible with cultivation, combat and domination is something that probably requires becoming a Demigod. There isn't a setting or mundanity that can restrict becoming a Demigod, but I think I need to cultivate to "Foundation Establishment" to even reach a good ending as a Demigod.

(Qi refinement -> Foundation establishment -> Core/Nascent Soul/Void Shattering/Chrysalis -> Psionic/Latent Psychic/Immortal Severing) 

p.s an odd ranking of cultivation ranks I know but I draw a lot of inspiration from novels

There are many Demigods and Ascetics in today's modern age, but they lack the resources to progress further or even start their own faith (starting your own successful faith or becoming a follower of a faith is almost necessary as a Demigod I feel). I consider that there are quite a few Qi Refinement, but not a single Foundation Establishment in humanity. Meridians are necessary to even reach Foundation Establishment and even cultivate Qi Refinement successfully, which is something humans aren't used to hearing; which is probably part of the reason why the number of successful cultivators is so low (98% of humans probably don't have Meridians and that's optimistic numbers). 

There is a general depression considering success though, almost like its stuck to the air or sky. Not a single success in a World with Billions of Humans. I've only seen and will likely ever refine Qi and sharpen Meridians. If all fails, I'll just focus on becoming a Demigod in the Psychic Sea and starting by accumulating Faith; I feel like that answer can work here, but there is something so cool about achieving success in cultivation here in a world that is so mundane.

Sign in to follow this