Iri

SFQ Small Universe Compatibility

Hi all,

I wonder if SFQ Small Universe meditation is compatible to practice along the other qigong styles (particularly Pangu)? Active exercises of SFQ don't quite resonate, so I wouldn't consider sticking to SFQ alone.

Thanks!

Generally chunyi lin says his system is compatible with any other system so long as you let enough time lapse between them. However, you would also have to check with the Pangu system. 

I did Pangu for around a month. I also did SFQ for about 2 years on and off, and while I agree the active exercises aren't that physically strenuous or pronounced, I don't recommend combining them. Keep progressing on Pangu, or stick with SFQ. What would be more compatible with SFQ would be taijiquan, bagua, kung fu, or even hatha yoga. Treat the active exercises as meditations instead of viewing them as physical movements. 

Of course, there is the obligatory note that you should first and foremost consult a teacher.

Thanks! I actually asked the Pangu school about their compatibility with others before I learned it. They say it can be well mixed with anything :) Probably no surprise they are quite relaxed about many things that other schools are strict about :) Though SFQ instructions mention to avoid ‘mixing with other energy techniques’. Good to know it’s only about spacing them in time!

On 6/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, Iri said:

Hi all,

I wonder if SFQ Small Universe meditation is compatible to practice along the other qigong styles (particularly Pangu)? Active exercises of SFQ don't quite resonate, so I wouldn't consider sticking to SFQ alone.

Thanks!

Master Lin would likely recommend that you dedicate yourself to a lineage and teacher rather than mix and match, because you are developing according to the intent of the lineage and mixing can delay your growth because the different development intentions don't always align.

Once you have developed far enough, you can pick whatever you have a lot more flexibility in practice, but till then to maximize your growth pick one.

• Like 2