dino

Origin of alphabet and numbers?

"The artefacts date from between the 7th and 4th millennia BC and those decorated with these symbols are between 8,000 and 6,500 years old. Some scholars believe that the Vinča symbols represent the earliest form of writing ever found, predating ancient Egyptian and Sumerian writing by thousands of years. Since the inscriptions are all short and appear on objects found in burial sites, and the language represented is not known, it is highly unlikely they will ever be deciphered.

In 1908, the largest prehistoric Neolithic settlement in Europe was discovered in the village of Vinca, just a few miles from the Serbian capital Belgrade, on the shores of the Danube. Vinca was excavated between 1918 and 1934 and was revealed as a civilisation in its own right. Indeed, as early as the 6th millennium BC, three millennia before Dynastic Egypt, the Vinca culture was already a fully fledged civilisation. A typical town consisted of houses with complex architectural layouts and several rooms, built of wood that was covered in mud. The houses sat along streets, thus making Vinca the first urban settlement in Europe, but being far older than the cities of Mesopotamia and Egypt. And the town of Vinca itself was just one of several metropolises, with others at Divostin, Potporanj, Selevac, Plocnik and Predionica."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/vinča-symbols-history-writing-tomislav-nacevski/

1520215130810?e=1675900800&v=beta&t=tt4h

The roots of Cucuteni–Trypillia culture can be found in the Starčevo–Körös–Criș and Vinča cultures of the 6th to 5th millennia, with additional influence from the Bug–Dniester culture (6500–5000 BC). During the early period of its existence (in the fifth millennium BCE), the Cucuteni–Trypillia culture was also influenced by the Linear Pottery culture from the north, and by the Boian culture from the south.

317338783-10210461078519039-919727165022

Perhaps the earliest for of writing ... depending on certain definitions . But is it the earliest form of 'alphabet ' ?

Considering the word is made up  of  aleph and  bet .

The origin of numbers  ....... phew , how to pin point that one !  It is said some traditional Australians did not count beyond  3 . I found that hard to believe .... from a modern mind set .   What if you got 8 grand kids in your care , and you want to check they are all there and okay ?  You count them , right ? 

Nah .  You go .... " Let's see now ....  Alinta , Bindi, Anmanari , Kahreela,  Gymea, Kahia , Darku and Warragul , yep, that's all of them .

:D 

-    each time I ask them about this and give an example like the above   ie. well if you only counted to 3 how did you ........ ?   They always have an unexpected answer .

I could write about the esoteric origin of numbers  ,  and how they generated themselves out of  0  ..... but I doubt anyone is interested anymore ...... maybe less interested than I am in watching a 50 minute random you tube that has no text or description of comment about the content .

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Perhaps the earliest for of writing ... depending on certain definitions . But is it the earliest form of 'alphabet ' ?

Considering the word is made up  of  aleph and  bet .

The origin of numbers  ....... phew , how to pin point that one !  It is said some traditional Australians did not count beyond  3 . I found that hard to believe .... from a modern mind set .   What if you got 8 grand kids in your care , and you want to check they are all there and okay ?  You count them , right ? 

Nah .  You go .... " Let's see now ....  Alinta , Bindi, Anmanari , Kahreela,  Gymea, Kahia , Darku and Warragul , yep, that's all of them .

:D 

-    each time I ask them about this and give an example like the above   ie. well if you only counted to 3 how did you ........ ?   They always have an unexpected answer .

I could write about the esoteric origin of numbers  ,  and how they generated themselves out of  0  ..... but I doubt anyone is interested anymore ...... maybe less interested than I am in watching a 50 minute random you tube that has no text or description of comment about the content .

then you will never found out

Thats fine .   If I had watched  every hour long youtube posted on this site that the poster never bothered to explain or introduce , I would still be back in 2020 .

And you will ' never found out ' about  my esoteric origin of numbers .    :D