Sign in to follow this  
helpfuldemon

Magic and the supernatural

There is a lot of information about supernatural powers and people, and lots of practices that go towards secret powers for the practitioner.  Isolated, a person only has so much ability to change their surroundings via a magical way.  It is madness to speculate upon the nature of these things because it is purely hypothetical, and the results are often hard to prove and examine.  Still, we like to be creative, and we like to believe in magic.  

I propose that aside from the meager personal power people possess to affect things magically, there are Gods and spirits that will aid us in our quest for what we desire.  I declare this practice to lead to neurosis, but I also believe that it is real.  The simple fact is that if you have enough assets (looks, money, creativity, intelligence, strength), it is a simple matter of just asking for what you want, and you don't need to turn to supernatural forces to aid you.  

So what causes do these Gods and spirits support?  I think much of it is personal desire, but the cause has to be harmless or just in order to attain aid.  Where does mysticism lead us to?  It should lead us to a larger project of aiding mankind.  The petty desires of a personal magician are like practice projects.  The greater good is what the Gods look to see that you desire, and should your desire be high, the odds of assistance is greater.  In my life I have seen many things that I declared needed doing occur, and I don't think it was coincidence.  I began my mystical practice with small things like luck, or love chasing.  This refined my Will to understanding the virtues of love and kindness and generosity.  When I had matured, I was contacted by a God and I declared my Will for power.  

I don't advise doing this.  It has been a hardship and destructive.  Better to avoid the supernatural and find another means of finding power.  

Sign in to follow this