Sign in to follow this  
spyrelx

HELP! NEED SOME INTERNET ADVICE ON WEB PAGES/SITES

I figured one of you guys would know this.

I want to put up a personal web page, just some pictures, text, etc. and I seem to remember that there are services that will give you the space for free (probably because they stick their advertising in there) but I don't know where to look.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks.

Not sure if this is what you may be looking for, but it is free and there don't seem to be any strict rules as to what can be put on your page(s).

blogspot.com

Larry

[Edit] URL fixed by lurking concierge!

Not sure if this is what you may be looking for, but it is free and there don't seem to be any strict rules as to what can be put on your page(s).

blogspot.com

Larry

[Edit] URL fixed by lurking concierge!

3778[/snapback]

Thanks I knew abuot them. They are weird about pictures though (i.e., you can't post directly but have to make links. I haven't looked into the mechanics of it but it looks like a pain in the ass). I may ultimately use blogspot but was hoping to get one that would just let me put some low res pictures up directly.

My bad, I didn't know posting pics was such a pain on blogspot!

It seems to me I've heard of another possibility, although I myself am not at all familiar with it... Myspace.

Larry

You might want to check out GeoCities at

http://geocities.yahoo.com/

They have an annoying pop-up but beyond that you can post regular web pages with pictures and other images - and the price is right.

Good luck with your publishing effort.

Charlie

This is probably a little late, but... apart from not allowing sound files, www.atspace.com is a great free host. Also, take a look at pages like www.thefreesite.com, they keep a great record on Webmaster's freebies. Images take up a lot of space though, so if you feel like having a big page, you should use an image host too. I am very much in love with my host, www.imageshack.com... they'll resize your images if they're too big, but usually, with web site graphics and things you'd put on a web site, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Sign in to follow this