Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Living with the I Ching...

I have been working with the Yi Jing for ahwile now, casting often but not obsessive... and trying to apply the read into my daily life. I was hopeing to hear from other casters as in how they cast, what questions they ask, and how they incorporate the reads into their lifes...

Edited by Stone

Hi there Stone, I use the I Ching hardly ever, but when I do I clearly need help, I dont have much knowledge of its use other than as a divinational tool, i am pretty much a barbarian on this one! I generally use it for my spiritual direction, sometimes my judgement can be a little clouded in this respect, often the I Ching will give me the feedback I need as to wether a certain practice or teacher that i am interested in would be beneficial for my growth or direction. I also sometimes consult when im just lacking focus. I find it good to have a few different commentarys that you like to relate to sometimes, as they can give you some different angles. I generally try and go into casting with the right motivation and properly worded inquiry+ an attitude of respect, reverence and gratitude and a commitment to thouroughly investigate and find the meaning of whatever outcome you recieve. The I Ching does not seem to like it if I ask the same questions again, or am unsure of myself and will give answers accordingly. It is a very deep and dense subject, but it has been very helpful over the years even with my very limited knowledge and elementary approach. I do generally try to find my own inner answer to my enquiry before using the I Ching because often we already know the answer, anyway hope theres something in my post thats of use. james

Sign in to follow this