Milo

Greetings to all

Im interested in Chan Buddhism and Taoism and i just finished reading the secrets of the golden flower translated by cleary but im kinda stuck on how to progress from here on out.

• Like 1

Hi Milo.  We've got a couple good threads around on the Golden Flower.  Its a tough nut to crack.  It reads like simply, yet the exact instructions and methods are hard imo, to decipher.  I've got a short thread (https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/37570-golden-flower-thingamabobs/ ) on research I've done on it.  I look forward to hearing your insights on it.  Welcome to the board.

We're an eclectic philosophy forum for learning, discussing and cultivation.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and making some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

TDB team

At your leisure, please review-

Hey thelerner thanks for the welcome and the link im already a step ahead ive read through lots of daobums threads concerning the golden flower, and some about qi gong neidan neigong quanzhen chan buddhism and im afraid the more i read the less i know. :D

Your collection was really interesting to read through and also the anwsers we got from jj/april but its still a mystery to me and it seem like the more i read about different paths to enlightenment or x goals there more it seems that its the same in all teachings just differently packed.

Edited by Milo