Suzisu

Newcomer Nonsense

Cant a way of posting in newcomers corner.  Have been wondering what is going on since I acquired a mind, still wondering....  Fascinated by martial arts, internal arts, herbalism, meditation, consciousness, human relations, psychology, ancient human history, physics, astrology, food and the sheer beauty and unlikeliness of it all. I often wonder whether the pursuit of Daoist arts is another ego fueled attempt by particularly neurotic, arrogant higher primates, (who need to get caught up by convincing themselves that something is right because, hey,  some one else said so, and I cant trust myself compared to some dude who lived in a cave on the other side of the world several hundred years ago etc. etc...) - rather than just submitting to the sublime experience of being themselves here now.   I welcome debate/discussion etc. etc. here btw.  ...I include myself in the definition of PNAHP.  I am interested in humour too, because life is very pale without it. Laughing is good, whether or not the up pathologically  up tight  believe it is an over abundance of heart energy...

• Like 1

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome, a sense of humor will get you far.  Though at times it requires enough empathy so its not used as a weapon, at others, it is the weapon of choice.   Everything good and powerful can burn.  Our passions and Isms take us far, but we need enough to space to know when to drop'em and stop preaching. 

The TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

48 minutes ago, Suzisu said:

Why thank you Mr Bum, sir. I'm hoping your welcome message was intentionally ironic.

nope, not a bit. 

Said what I meant, meant what I said. 

I am only ironic with wrinkled clothes.