de_paradise

what is a person?

Hi Steve,

I wasn't in a mood to read much, but I looked through Steve's site, and read a bit of what was there, as well as couple articles that he had links too (which weren't "spiritual" really). Later I found this link to MP3s of a seminar that he did, called Self-Deception and the Fires of Transformation. I listened to the first 11 tracks. It speaks pretty directly to my experience at this moment. I like his way of working with people. It reminds me a lot of Loch Kelly (who lives in NYC, in case you felt like checking him out), who covers similar territory, with a similar style, with a similar voice even. It can be frustrating, since he doesn't really feed the "wisdom" mind. Actually, they are fairly different in the words and concepts they use, but they are both exploring new ways of interacting with groups of people. Part of me enjoys that, and part of me is repelled by it, and I am not sure which part I like better. I think this is reflected in how the groups that interact with them respond. Sometimes a vibrant expression of truth comes out, and sometimes we retreat back to elaborate concepts in an effort to not meet what is. Their way of teaching really puts the onus upon us, which is where it always was, but we have to really face that if we want to enjoy what they facilitate.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

I'll check out Loch Kelly, thanks for the suggestion. I understand what you're saying about the ambivalence. I feel a certain degree of disappointement, sadness, fear, maybe even a bit of anger, like I've been betrayed. It's very interesting to watch all of that. Yet, at the same time, there is this certainty that it is right, correct I mean... at least for me, now...