Sign in to follow this  
Hag

A newcomer's introduction

Hello all,

I have been having some interest on this whole spiritual practice thing for a while, maybe coming from my Breton culture and its association with megalith stones, secret telluric currents and its fascination, if not familiarity, with death. Later on, during some bad years, I went to try yoga, because I heard about it, and I was ready to do anything to alleviate the (mental) pain. To my surprise, I liked it a lot, and went to randomly practice for some time, until February 2017, where, at the occasion of a long trip to India, I took a one-month 200 hours hatha yoga course. Its focus was on traditional hatha yoga, mostly asana-based but with a fair part of pranayama, mantra meditation, anatomy, kriya, mudra, etc. All in all an excellent experience that left me stronger, suppler and more confident than ever.

Since then I have been maintaining an more or less regular practise, getting familiar with a range of asanas, and watching with my own body and its strange inner workings. I also do breath and mantra meditation, pranayama, massage and sexual tantrism. And swimming, that complements very well all of these.

I had a breakthrough a few month ago, when I started to feel energy moving around in my body while breathing, and since have been experimenting on "what the hell are those new sensation I am feeling ?". I also had a couple weak kundalini experiences, but around this time I did a severe if not totally unexpected burn-out at my job that left me exhausted. I still have two months to go before starting a new life more fitting to myself (ie in the countryside), meanwhile I have decided to reduce my practice, since I was feeling it had become routine and mindless, and I was afraid I was going to hurt myself. Less asana, more meditation, but also less objectives, more compassion.

Lately, I stumbled upon an introduction to acupuncture (by Lavier), which gives a broad approach to the daoist vision of the human body. While I have yet to finish it, I am finding it very interesting and I hope I will be able to make some use of it.

I found this forum by chance, and after lurking for a while it looks like a nice place to talk about things that are not much discussed elsewhere. So here I am.

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

Hello, Hag, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Hag,

Great to have you. Sounds like you’ve experienced much with yoga. I think you’ll fit in very well here. Enjoy :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Sign in to follow this