vismundcygnus34

My Journey (A request for guidance)

6 hours ago, dwai said:

Hi Vismund, as I was reading your post, I felt like there were parts of my own life experiences that were being described, starting with a similar peak experience that your awakening started with.

Hi,

If you've written about your experience, do you have a link?  I'd love to read it.  

6 hours ago, dwai said:

If you don't mind me asking, Are you looking for a teacher or are you looking for someone to confirm what you have known/suspected all along?

If it is the former, I'd recommend you identify one tradition that resonates with you most and finding a bonafide teacher in it (given the you seem to have done extensive studying across various spiritual traditions). 

You might have to start from scratch, as a beginner. But it is good to have a beginner's mind. 

If it is the latter,  many here will confirm what you already know. But that won't help you much in "owning your awakening". For that, you have to do some work in this lifetime. Otherwise, you might have to come back again one more time. 

As to what that work entails, only your selected teacher will be able to tell you. My advise to you is, once you find a good teacher (and you will know when you do so), dedicate yourself to following his/her teachings. Be sincere in your practices, and genuine in your desire to fully manifest your awakening. If you do so, you might attain liberation in this lifetime. 

That is a very incisive question that made me step outside and ask think about the answer for a bit.  The answer is a bit of both.  I've had a hard time accepting this experience, and it's effects, due to pushback from peers and culture at large (and other reasons surely).  Things like previous life work, kundalini, synchronicity etc. are simply not common in culture at large.  So I think I was searching for validation, confirmation.  As you say I have some work to do in this regard.  

But I am looking for a teacher, and guidance.  I think I'm close to the point where it could become feasible, so I'm starting to think about how, who and what that might look like.  So this is an attempt to seek that out that guidance, and this place is so full of wise people it seemed like a good place to start.  

It seems like I made a good choice to.  It sounds like I should get healthy, ground myself, make a sincere intention/wish/desire to see the full fruits of this experience.  And hopefully a teacher will make themselves known along the way.  :)

• Like 3