It’s not really a technique as much as an ‘ability’ that you develop over time.   In building the foundation you will have cleared blockages and stagnation... this will allow your awareness to penetrate deeper into your body... so your awareness can suffuse into all parts of your body all at once.   This is difficult - if you think you can do it straight away, then you’re wrong - look for the error!   Normally when junior students tell me they can get their awareness into their full body, I can check - and 100% of the time their awareness is just in their head and they’re imagining everything.   By body I mean everything - from top of head to tips of toes - from the hair on your skin to the core of your bones.     I’d recommend the following.   Sit in good upright posture.   Allow the breath to be as it is. Don’t interfere even a bit. Don’t try to breathe from abdomen or anything - allow it to do as it pleases.   Using diffuse, relaxed awareness, start to notice the tissues of your nose.   Keeping some of your awareness at the nose, move awareness deeper into the sinuses, allow your awareness to penetrate and suffuse into the tissues in your sinuses.   Keeping some of your awareness in your nose and sinuses, allow extra awareness to suffuse into the tissues of the back of your throat...    And carry on this way going from your nose down through every part of your wind pipe, all parts of both your lungs and your diaphragm. Always adding rather than just moving awareness (so you’ll have just as much awareness left at your nose as all the way deep in your lungs). Your awareness should be soft and passive not focused, intense or ‘searching’... it should be mildly interested but not really... this is Ting.   Once all your breathing system is ‘lit up’ with your awareness just keep it there and let the breathing process carry on without any interference.   After a few weeks of daily practice, you’ll notice a substantial change in your natural breathing pattern.   This is a safe exercise for anyone to do. And despite its apparent simplicity, it can get you really far.