Joe

Energy Cultivation

Hello to All,

What started a few years ago as a quest for health (95% solved) has evolved into a quest for energy. To this end, my primary interests right now are qigong and consciousness. I've been practicing zhan zhuang every day for a year now, eight brocades for ~5 months, and inner smile meditation for ~4 months. I reached a comfortable 90 minutes in chenbao, and recently I've returned my focus to wuji. I am seeking the highest state I can achieve, spiritual, mental and physical; with no particular limit to this goal.

At the moment I am cross-referencing Yang Jwing-Ming and Mantak Chia, with the aim to develop embryonic breathing and small circulation, with the further aim to master semen retention and large circulation; so I may begin to conserve and refine my energy, and see for myself what a human bodymind can really accomplish. I look forward to learning here and hope that my thoughts may be of help to someone, someday.

• Like 6

Hello, Joe, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Joe,

You'll find many people on here are on similar paths to you.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy the forum. :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Hello to All,

What started a few years ago as a quest for health (95% solved) has evolved into a quest for energy. To this end, my primary interests right now are qigong and consciousness. I've been practicing zhan zhuang every day for a year now, eight brocades for ~5 months, and inner smile meditation for ~4 months. I reached a comfortable 90 minutes in chenbao, and recently I've returned my focus to wuji. I am seeking the highest state I can achieve, spiritual, mental and physical; with no particular limit to this goal.

At the moment I am cross-referencing Yang Jwing-Ming and Mantak Chia, with the aim to develop embryonic breathing and small circulation, with the further aim to master semen retention and large circulation; so I may begin to conserve and refine my energy, and see for myself what a human bodymind can really accomplish. I look forward to learning here and hope that my thoughts may be of help to someone, someday.

Welcome.  I would suggest that you ignore the Mantak Chia stuff as you are already energetically beyond it. You are at the point where you want to start focusing more on the relative polarities of the energy. Maybe take a look at chapter 28 of the Tao Te Ching, as you have already begun to understand the strength of a man, but the heart of a woman (other polarity) is just as important.

Best, 

Jeff

• Like 3

@Fa Xin Thanks for the welcome, I am enjoying the forum already (so much to read!)

@Jeff I appreciate your confidence in my energy level. Myself, I am not quite ready to assume I am energetically "beyond" Chia or his ideas. If your concern is inaccuracy on his part, know that greater clarity is what prompted me to get YJM's books. I say cross-reference because, being in a position of ignorance, it is still useful to me to compare two different perspectives on something.

I appreciate your suggestion on polarity. It is actually Yin which I've naturally gravitated toward this past year, to a point where my personality is very different from just two years ago. My present self-perception is one of a much stronger integration of the feminine, but with no less of the masculine. I understand this is all relative, however; what feels like an integration now will grow into much higher levels. What I need more work on is discernment of the polarities, in my own energy and all levels of reality. I have a lot to learn in this area. I will pay attention to it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joe said:

@Fa Xin Thanks for the welcome, I am enjoying the forum already (so much to read!)

@Jeff I appreciate your confidence in my energy level. Myself, I am not quite ready to assume I am energetically "beyond" Chia or his ideas. If your concern is inaccuracy on his part, know that greater clarity is what prompted me to get YJM's books. I say cross-reference because, being in a position of ignorance, it is still useful to me to compare two different perspectives on something.

I appreciate your suggestion on polarity. It is actually Yin which I've naturally gravitated toward this past year, to a point where my personality is very different from just two years ago. My present self-perception is one of a much stronger integration of the feminine, but with no less of the masculine. I understand this is all relative, however; what feels like an integration now will grow into much higher levels. What I need more work on is discernment of the polarities, in my own energy and all levels of reality. I have a lot to learn in this area. I will pay attention to it.

Great stuff. And yes, some of it is concern with view (or inaccuracies). Very nice on the integration, but your energy feels more yang then yin currently. I also agree with your integration point at higher levels.  On greater discernment, you may want to consider working with some other people energetically, as that may help with further refinement of perspective on the polarities.