samyamasamadhi

Interested Clearing Channels for Microcosmic Orbit

Hello all,

I have some experience doing Kriya-style Yoga (through AYP) and have some energy moving up my spine as we speak. 

My understanding of Chi Kung is vague, but the microcosmic orbit, and the channel cleansing techniques, interest me greatly. 

I'm already on the verge of overloading my central meridian, so probably should not jump straight into orbital techniques.

Can anyone suggest some full-body practices (standing, waving your arms around -- as seen on TV) that might help me cleanse my channels or at least gradually start to widen them? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello, samyamasamadhi,  and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome samyamasamadi,

Yeah “overloading” doesn’t sound very fun. Maybe some simple shibasi (tai chi qigong) or 8 Brocades? Hope you find some good answers here. I’m sure you will. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm response.

Here's a series of questions to anyone interested in answering -

1. Can you suggest a place to learn the 8 Brocades? 

(Looks like a legit way to ground Chi after Yogic meditation - and I'll add this to my daily routine as of now)

2a. Also -- what are the most basic practices for widening the meridians, or cleaning them -- ***and how will I know when I am ready?*** (<=== very important)

2b. What channels would I be starting out on clearing?

My governor is already pretty chi-conductive, I've been doing pranayama on the sushumna for a while now.

So is my next step to open Conception?

Or is that not as good of an idea as cleaning out, widening, and circulating certain channels in the extremities?

Any input appreciated.

Edited by samyamasamadhi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, samyamasamadhi said:

Thanks for the warm response.

Here's a series of questions to anyone interested in answering -

1. Can you suggest a place to learn the 8 Brocades? 

(Looks like a legit way to ground Chi after Yogic meditation - and I'll add this to my daily routine as of now)

2a. Also -- what are the most basic practices for widening the meridians, or cleaning them -- ***and how will I know when I am ready?*** (<=== very important)

2b. What channels would I be starting out on clearing?

My governor is already pretty chi-conductive, I've been doing pranayama on the sushumna for a while now.

So is my next step to open Conception?

Or is that not as good of an idea as cleaning out, widening, and circulating certain channels in the extremities?

Any input appreciated.

Hello my friend. Glad to see you are utilizing the forum already! :) 

I don't have answers to your 2nd questions - I follow a path which is more related to Letting the energy do it's own thing, and it will naturally clear out what it needs to clear.  Trying to manipulate it to do certain things can lead to imbalances or various other issues.  Kind of like, "Even though we think we know what's good for us,  it may not be what we actually need."

But that's just my own view... others here will have different views.

I can however help with the 8 Pieces.  Most forms you see on YouTube will be very similar to each other, with small differences.  The biggest goal is to do the movements completely relaxed.  Maybe search for "Yang Jwing Ming" 8 Piece Brocade. He has a nice video and book set which illustrate the form quite well.

Cheers :)

• Like 1