ZiaElohka

My first post

Sorry I couldn't come up with a beautiful poetic title, maybe one day I will stun you all, but not today.

I've been interested in daoism for a couple of years now. Until now I have just been reading a lot. Several translations of Lao Zi, and a little pile of other books (Zuang Zi too of course) After studying traditional advaita vedanta for some years, I found that I feel much more at ease with daoism.
I would love to meet others to discuss the philosophy and how to apply it in daily life ( like I did with advaita vedanta), but it proofs difficult to find like minded people in the Netherlands, where I live.
Of course there are many places to practice tai chi or qi gong, but those all seem to be about body work only. And my body is 'difficult'' (I tried and failed) I do try to do some sitting qi gong, but to be honest, that gets boring all by myself.

I'm sure there are others in the Netherlands interested in daoism, we just haven't found each other yet. That is one of the reasons why I subscribed here. But certainly not the only one! I love good conversation and discussion online as well.

• Like 4

Hello, ZiaElohka, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Zia,

Some people are drawn to the Daoist arts like Tai chi, others not... either way, studying is fun!  I'd be interested to hear your ideas about Advaita versus Daoism.  Enjoy the forum. :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

Hi Zia.  Welcome.

WE are constantly running studies of the TTC and Chuang Tzu.  You are welcome to join in any time.

• Like 1