Sign in to follow this  
satyagraha

Help with negative effects of meditation.

I did not know that some of the energy meditation that i was doing was dangerous, i thought it was all good, I just recently found out that you can fry your brain using kundalini energy (I am not sure that what i am doing is kundalini, I don't know what it is, I just know that it feels very intense), does this apply to other energy?

It would explain a couple of episodes where i was jolted out of meditation and i felt as if i was on a bad acid trip. (the last thing i need is more brain damage, im a recovering drug addict of 4 years). Does all of this wear off? does it actualy do permanent damage or are they just temporary side effects of intense meditation?

I am confused about all of this because some places say that it is actually good, and that it is the subconscious mind cleansing itself by releasing anxiety, fear, trauma through your conscious mind and then out. anyone know anything about this or have any experience? or know of anyone I can get consultation on this matter from? Any help would be appreciated. I guess i didn't even realize what i was doing...

thank you!

I did not know that some of the energy meditation that i was doing was dangerous, i thought it was all good, I just recently found out that you can fry your brain using kundalini energy (I am not sure that what i am doing is kundalini, I don't know what it is, I just know that it feels very intense), does this apply to other energy?

It would explain a couple of episodes where i was jolted out of meditation and i felt as if i was on a bad acid trip. (the last thing i need is more brain damage, im a recovering drug addict of 4 years). Does all of this wear off? does it actualy do permanent damage or are they just temporary side effects of intense meditation?

I am confused about all of this because some places say that it is actually good, and that it is the subconscious mind cleansing itself by releasing anxiety, fear, trauma through your conscious mind and then out. anyone know anything about this or have any experience? or know of anyone I can get consultation on this matter from? Any help would be appreciated. I guess i didn't even realize what i was doing...

thank you!

You should repeat the question in the main forum. But yes, bad things can happen, it does not always wear off. Sometimes some people can help, some times nothing can be done. And some times the situation is so bad that the most compassionate thing would be to end the poor guy misery.

Many people inthis forum know at least one or more person who had some bad things happen, although in most cases they DID recover.

Sign in to follow this