Sign in to follow this  
THACS

The Seed of BuddhaDhamma

On 9/11/2017 at 2:49 PM, THACS said:

The hard way (Many years of practice)

So, if you have the understanding of Compassion, you practice Compassion through Selflessness and loving-kindness to everyone, when you choose who is deserving of your Compassion, suffering arises and you walk the three evil paths of Self (Selfish, Self-centered and Self-righteous) then the three poisons arise.  And if you do not know what loving-kindness means, it's the following Metta: 

"May I be happy. May I be well. May I be peaceful. May I be free.

May all beings be happy. May they be well. May they be peaceful. May they be free."  

If you notice, the Metta is internal and external, inner and outer, directed at you and those around you.  Compassion is both inner and outer.

Please allow me to expand on what is written:

Metta Bhavana:

"May I be well and happy, may I be free from ill-will, distress, and illnesses; sabbe satta sukhita hontu!

May my parents, siblings and family be free from ill-will, distress, and illnesses; may they be well and happy, sabbe satta sukhita hontu!

May my teachers, friends, and relatives be free from ill-will, distress, and illnesses; may they be well and happy, sabbe satta sukhita hontu!

May all those who are unfriendly towards me, find peace and happiness, may they be free from ill-will, distress, and illnesses always: may they be well and happy, sabbe satta sukhita hontu!"

This is one good way to 'break' the 5 (forms of) khandha, gradually but surely. Do it everyday and this metta, loving-kindness, regulate your thoughts and actions. Metta, is one of the 4 Godly virtues.

May you be well and happy always!

Edited by Sudhamma

Sign in to follow this