Fire Dragon

Health problem/kidneys/grounding

Hello all

I have noticed that when doing standing exercises like "standing tree" in Iron Shirt, I do sweat alot. Realy alot even just after a few minutes.

I have a burned out condition and is extremely cold to. Do think its a problem with my adrenals kidney yang and with the nervous system.

I am on my way to do more rooting and packing processes into my training. Hope to strengthening the kidneys. Does anybody have any comments on this. Is this the right aproach? I have been exercising the universal tao for some years now but are still on a quite basic level. I think the problem with my rooting is the thing that holds my progress back.

What do you people think about this?

Hello all

I have noticed that when doing standing exercises like "standing tree" in Iron Shirt, I do sweat alot. Realy alot even just after a few minutes.

I have a burned out condition and is extremely cold to. Do think its a problem with my adrenals kidney yang and with the nervous system.

I am on my way to do more rooting and packing processes into my training. Hope to strengthening the kidneys. Does anybody have any comments on this. Is this the right aproach? I have been exercising the universal tao for some years now but are still on a quite basic level. I think the problem with my rooting is the thing that holds my progress back.

What do you people think about this?

With practices like that, I'm sure you know you have to drikn lots of water to keep your body cool. The fluids act as conductors of Qi. When there is little fluid in the body, it will burn out the Yin, ,and bad things happen.

Sitting or standing practice, you can try to breathe to the kidneys by expanding the lower back on your inhale and contracting it on your exhale. It doesn't require pushing out with the lower back, but utilizing the abdominal muscles to push inwards towards the lower back and the breath to move down and out expanding the lower back. THis is good exercise for the kidneys and builds good energy there.

You can also put your palms to your lower back, breaths into the abdomen and bring your focus to the dantian traveling around the perineum through the genitals and filling up the ming men to the kidneys. Before sleeping is a good time to do this. on the inhale and exhale just breathe into the abdomen and kidneys. Nothing special. Do this breathing for about 3 minutes before sleeping, and then go sleep.

See how you feel afterwards...and don't drink coffee, and cold things, ultra sweet things like soda and such while you are fixing your body. ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

With practices like that, I'm sure you know you have to drikn lots of water to keep your body cool. The fluids act as conductors of Qi. When there is little fluid in the body, it will burn out the Yin, ,and bad things happen.

Sitting or standing practice, you can try to breathe to the kidneys by expanding the lower back on your inhale and contracting it on your exhale. It doesn't require pushing out with the lower back, but utilizing the abdominal muscles to push inwards towards the lower back and the breath to move down and out expanding the lower back. THis is good exercise for the kidneys and builds good energy there.

You can also put your palms to your lower back, breaths into the abdomen and bring your focus to the dantian traveling around the perineum through the genitals and filling up the ming men to the kidneys. Before sleeping is a good time to do this. on the inhale and exhale just breathe into the abdomen and kidneys. Nothing special. Do this breathing for about 3 minutes before sleeping, and then go sleep.

See how you feel afterwards...and don't drink coffee, and cold things, ultra sweet things like soda and such while you are fixing your body. ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Thx.

I do an exercise cold abdominal breathing where you do let the lower back and the sides expand as you inhale. I think it's the same as your description even though I didn't follow how the abdominal muscles can be involved in this.

I will shorly try this exercises before bed time. It will be easy to add to my daily routine I think.

I also do something similar with the kidneys ming men and the chi chung where you breath hold the breath and take help of the anus to first direct the energy to the point oposite the two mentioned (navvel and solar plexus) and then shift to push in the back of the anus and the front point towards the back point. (navel towards ming men and in the second exercise solar plexus towards the chi ching. ) I believe this exercises and the one you descibes following the MC orbit towards ming men combined would be something that can strenghten the kidneys and the adrenals in the long run.

I will make it a try.

Are my shortly described exercises also good as you see it. They should be nearly the same just anouther way to make the enrgy to the back points as I see it.

Thx again I have never thought about doing this befor bedtime. I should have been woried abuout leaving energy at the back instead at collecting it at the navel. But if I interpret your description correctly it's not nessesarily.

With regards F D

Thx.

I do an exercise cold abdominal breathing where you do let the lower back and the sides expand as you inhale. I think it's the same as your description even though I didn't follow how the abdominal muscles can be involved in this.

I will shorly try this exercises before bed time. It will be easy to add to my daily routine I think.

I also do something similar with the kidneys ming men and the chi chung where you breath hold the breath and take help of the anus to first direct the energy to the point oposite the two mentioned (navvel and solar plexus) and then shift to push in the back of the anus and the front point towards the back point. (navel towards ming men and in the second exercise solar plexus towards the chi ching. ) I believe this exercises and the one you descibes following the MC orbit towards ming men combined would be something that can strenghten the kidneys and the adrenals in the long run.

I will make it a try.

Are my shortly described exercises also good as you see it. They should be nearly the same just anouther way to make the enrgy to the back points as I see it.

Thx again I have never thought about doing this befor bedtime. I should have been woried abuout leaving energy at the back instead at collecting it at the navel. But if I interpret your description correctly it's not nessesarily.

With regards F D

The exercises you just mentioned seem fine and similar to how I am describing things as well. Doing them before bed will not be a problem. When you are breathing in to the kidneys, that energy will be there at the kidneys, but it also moves. So it won't be stagnant all night. The kidneys are active all the times, so that energy will be of good use.

Also, placing energy through the mingmen to the kidneys is actually going in through the back to the dantian.

So to complete the breathing exercise, after you have finished the breath work take 3 full deep expansive breaths expanding the lower back and abdomen. Then you can go to sleep. I haven't had problems with it. As a safeguard, on each of the 3 big breaths, imagine energy you just brought to the kidneys flowing into the dantian from the kidneys. Just incase you feel its safer. Doesn't hurt to try ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin