Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Funny turn of events brings me back

Hi all! It's been a while since I last posted here, and I have a funny story of how it came to be.

A few months ago I regained an interest in playing the bamboo flute, and have take to it quite seriously. I play everyday now and have amassed a collection of 6 flutes, the latest a Chinese Dizi. This is where the story starts.

Searching online for info on purchasing and playing the Dizi, I found a series of very helpful, informative videos featuring a kind of pudgy quirky fellow that was quite talented at playing a variety of Chinese instruments.  Noticing his name was Mak Jo Si, in the back of my mind I recalled the Mak Tin Si debacle played out here a few years ago. Checking the info given on YouTube, coincidently this guy fancies himself as a Taoist Master. I went to his site chinnature.com. The first red flag was a bold statement on his site not to expect anything for free, and even had a shopping cart were you could buy anything from a $1 blessing to a full blown Counterstrike Exorcism for $1,800 at the click of your mouse! Coming back here, I discover that indeed Mak Jo Si and Mak Tin Si are indeed one of the same. 

Now I am thinking of some comments I got a while back while looking for instructors stating that "when the time is right, the instructor will find you". Could this be more than a coincidence? You have to admit, what are the odds that we cross paths again, but this time I actually learned something from the guy, and uncharacteristically, was free?

I have no interest in his brand of Taoism, and frankly can't afford it. I still get a chuckle when I think of his thread on stepping in dog poop, and how he attempted to monopolize this board posting 10- 20 or more posts a day. I'll just hang around here for a while and hopefully something else will manifest. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this