Anzhi

Greetings

Warm greetings to all. Thank you for accepting my membership here. I have wandered past this site a few times, but it appears timely now to join. Other matters I was involved in formerly were an obstacle. 
I am an Australian senior man who has had an interest in Chinese culture, philosophy (general and Eastern) and the Yi Jing. for some thirty years. I have had a Christian theological background many years ago but have long moved on from a theistic/Christian viewpoint.

I basically am feeling  a strong need to share a bit of good time with fellow Daoist lovers and fellow "students". I have had some contact with another, more mixed Buddhist/Taoist Facebook group but which has now moved away from deeper attention to the Daoist way.

I am currently studying on and off my latest book purchase, "Dao De Jing - A Philosophical Translation" by Roger T. Ames and David L. Hall, and finding it a very good read.
Another fine DDJ reference for me is the version of Red Pine.

I am pleased to have in my library also "Zhaungzi - The Essential Writings" translated by Brook Ziporyn

The Yi Jing versions by Bradford Hatcher and by Stephen Karcher are both furthering references for me at present, along with others, well known in the main.

I do not speak Chinese unfortunately but find the many assistant sites and books of the Chinese writings very helpful. The image-ful nature of Chinese is most furthering for me.

I look forward to sharing with others here.

I use a Chinese username (a meaningful word from the DDJ)  but I am not Chinese. My common name is Rod.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome.

Thank you for the detailed introduction. You are accepted and we are glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 2

Thank you Chang for your welcome. Gradually getting the hang of things. Good wishes to you.

Hello and welcome.

Thank you for the detailed introduction. You are accepted and we are glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1