Sign in to follow this  
mirror

hello from a different stream

Hi!

I don't pratice a Daoist Art, but an obscure+textless singing tradition with the outer form of Indian classical music. My teacher isn't one for discussion, and I don't have access to any fellow students (i.e. senior brother....) to ask pressing experience questions.

Other indian subcontinent practices (hatha yoga, buddhism, etc) might seem like a more obvious context to look for comradery, but I've actually found them substantially different than what I'm studying.... different in system, flavor, personality type, etc.

My experience interacting with daoist arts (tai chi practicioners, experiences with accupuncture, and reading daoist texts) has suggested a LOT of alignment to me.... from crossovers between accupuncture meridians and singing pathways to the particular flavor of the philosophical underpinnings, etc etc.

So here I am! I think I'm practicing a sort of little-d daoist art, even if it has no connection with China, part of the same river that flows below everything. I hope this will work well for you guys too!

-Mirror

• Like 1

Hello and welcome.

Thank you for that interesting introduction. You are accepted and we are glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this