Sign in to follow this  
gestiech

Hello

Hi. 28y.o. male from the Netherlands here. Came into spirituality looking for a way out of suffering, as so often happens I suppose. Honestly I think it's still part of my motivation, but at least now there is also curiosity and fascination, wonder. I'm interested in Taoism, Zen, and also Advaita Vedanta, and I have recently started a daily meditation practice. I'm still looking for a serious and dedicated group of people to be in touch with, preferably in real life, but it seems hard to find. Many "zen centers", but very few that are aimed at serious practitioners. It's mostly the poppy zen, and even though yes I want to become happier, I don't want to or could even fool myself either and want to do genuine practice.

I'm enjoying reading about zen, and also about the Tao through Lao Zi and Zhuang Zi's works.

Also I have to say the most difficult thing seems to be to go beyond reading and ideas, and actually practice something, to have faith that it will "lead somewhere."

• Like 1

Hello gestiech, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us. For putting theory into practice, group work is hard to beat, especially in the beginning :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TDB team

Sign in to follow this