Marblehead

Butterfly Of The Day

Is it ok to interject with a random tidbit somewhat related to butterflies?

I think this is a nice thread, let me just say something about a butterfly experience I have had.

It all started when I ate a quarter of mushrooms and went to see The Butterfly Effect. Basically the movie was utterly out of this world tripping, as most movies are (I don't use psychedelics anymore, and am trying to be totally free of intoxicants) but anyways there was something really messed up with this film in such a state of mind. It was a rush that was for sure.

The next time I ate a significant quantity of mushrooms several months after (this was over 10 years ago) I was alone at a bowling alley and when the mushroom effects started peaking, something bewildering happened, I believed I became tuned into a Butterfly Effect, surely it was madness and delusion, but I basically ended up having the strongest and out of this world journey ever. I was taken to the hospital by police as I was losing my mind in the bowling alley albeit in the most friendly and benevolent ways one can lose their wits, and when I arrived at the hospital and received a shot of what I assume was ativan, I had the most real and zaniest out of body experience in my life. When the needle was plunged into my arm, I had a vision that I turned into liquid metal like out of The Matrix when Neo went 'down the rabbit hole',

and when I 'rematerialized' or regained conscious awareness of sorts I had popped out and was soaring above some snow white mountain range, for some reason the French Alps come to mind although I can't be sure it wasn't utter delusion...

When I came back to my body I was tripping harder than I ever had in my life, I looked over from my gurney and as clear as day I saw the ambulance drivers standing around down the hall with faces painted like jesters and were wearing jester hats and throwing the most bizzare and maddening grins towards me,

court-jester1.jpg

Anyways I came to and realized what a mess I had gotten myself into but all was fine and I left in good health.

The strange thing is the very next time I ate some mushrooms, as soon as they began to kick in, I gained a hyperawareness/utter delusion of the butterfly effect in action, and the last words I uttered to my friend who was tripping with me were....it's happening again, the butterfly effect, it all makes perfect sense now...

Long story short I now meditate and study and practice Daoism and Buddhism to gain wisdom and improve my life as well as those around me. Psychedelics can be a tool in their own right, but I feel they are best left for shamans and neo shamans. I am no shaman that is for sure.

Carry on!

Edited by ケンジ

Yeah, you need to leave those mushrooms alone and just be satisfied with dreaming you are a butterfly.

The butterfly effect is real, of course.  Some little thing happening half a world away can be the root cause of great things happening.

• Like 1