110576_1494798793

G'day!

G'day everyone.

I am interested in the Dao De Jing as a philosophical work. I love the simple, though profound, logic found in the book. Laozi wrote with such economy of words but expressed so much!

I am currently working on my own translation of the book. I can't really read Chinese but I have a couple of Chinese/English glossaries that I am using, plus there are over a hundred English translations to compare what I am getting from the text with what others have found, and of course the internet is an almost inexhaustible source of resources.

I find it is a great book to read and meditate over. The more you read it and then take time to think about what you've just read, the more you get out of it. If you ask me what my favourite chapter is, the answer will change every week!

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums.

You will find a wealth of information (not to mention opinions) regarding the Dao De Jing on this forum. You will also be able to seek advice on translation should you so wish.

Before getting started with this however please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/. Things are pretty easy going here and this covers all that you need be aware of to make a start with posting.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

• Like 1