Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

a few question for people

I have a few questions for people

1 how do taoists pray?

2 are there any places in colorado that teach taoism?

and finaly this is not so much of a question ass it is a statement, correct me if i am wrong but when a taoist dies there sould will be reincarmated untill they achieve the tao if the person has been bad there are sent to one of the hells. my question about this is when we are done with our reincarnations will we see our family members in the tao.

when a taoist dies

Some Taoist have beliefs about death related to Taoism. Michael Winn has written about the 3 hun (heavenly souls) and the 7 po (earthly souls). If you don't integrate these souls, there's nothing to reincarnate and you simply get recycled back into the Tao. Taoist Internal Alchemy

Others apply Taoism to life and their view of death is defined by other beliefs. For example, I see no conflict between Christianity and Taoism.

I have a few questions for people

1 how do taoists pray?

2 are there any places in colorado that teach taoism?

and finaly this is not so much of a question ass it is a statement, correct me if i am wrong but when a taoist dies there sould will be reincarmated untill they achieve the tao if the person has been bad there are sent to one of the hells. my question about this is when we are done with our reincarnations will we see our family members in the tao.

I am a philosophical Taoist not a religious Taoist, so my response is that there is, in reality. nothing to pray

to, no one to do the praying, and nowhere to go when "you" die and no one to do the dying. Reincarnation

is just being changing form....you don't go anywhere because you are already everywhere, always have

been and always will be. But, like I said, that's my perspective as a philosophical Taoist. I actually know

nothing at all about religious Taoism---I have no interest in any kind of religion because all of them are,

in my opinion, based on distorted perceptions of reality. Not that I (or anyone for that matter) has a 100%

distortion free perception of reality, but maybe some perceptions are more distorted than others.

-

Sign in to follow this